Jan 2013

bib shorts padding

i washed my bib shorts and the darn padding in the shorts shifted around, i bought specialized shorts from a LBS. Does this happen every time i wash or should i be returning the shorts?

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Giffs View Post
    i washed my bib shorts and the darn padding in the shorts shifted around, i bought specialized shorts from a LBS. Does this happen every time i wash or should i be returning the shorts?
    Return them. The padding is generally stitched in, so I'd call them defective..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    That's super awkward. Return it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    You can check ecompressionshorts, they have good recommendations and the best compression shorts.

" The road side joker"
    Send them back... Defective
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/146635
    (GET 15% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Wow, I just saw your screen name and had to reply. The padding in any shorts should be sewn into positon and not free floating in a pocket. I have tried a few different brands through the years and have liked Pearl Izumi brand the most. I have one pair of bibs but cannot seem to get comfy with them.

wyrd bi ful rd
    Have been using Altura 'waist' shorts to date and they have been quite resilient. No shifting of pads.

Just purchased a new bib shorts by Pearl Izumi and looking forward to trying that out.

On another note ... Is it just me or do some of you feel that way as well. I am more comfortable in an XL even though I am a L. My waist size is 33". Happened to both my cycling shorts to date. (Altura & Pearl Izumi) ... Maybe I am putting on weight but I am not ready for it yet ...

banned
    Mar 2013
    I had this problem too with an no-name brand. I returned them and bought a better the performance bike house brand which seems good so far.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    what is the best performing shorts for the price? Do you have to spend $100 to get some good shorts. I just got back into road biking and need new duds. Any advice on where to look.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Re: bib shorts padding

Quote Originally Posted by hwalker67 View Post
    what is the best performing shorts for the price? Do you have to spend $100 to get some good shorts. I just got back into road biking and need new duds. Any advice on where to look.
    Don't need to spend 100. I prefer Descente. Discontinued but you can still find them.

For really cheap clothes checkout www.pricepoint.com. Good quality.
    Also www.aerotechdesigns.com.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Bib shorts probably to get even a low end pair, but for regular shorts should be much less than that. I wear bibs so I have not checked prices lately for shorts but I am a huge fan of Louis Garneau proucts.