RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016

Bike Geometry Questions!

About a year ago I purchased my very first road bike. I ended up getting a Masi Evoluzione 105 that was a few model years old and on a good sale. I went with this because I wasn't sure if I was going to like road biking and I didn't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on something unknown. I originally had purchased the bike to help supplement my mountain biking which it has helped with tremendously, but I've grown a solid passion for road riding now as well.

I ended up really enjoying road biking and through the course of the year I had to make a fair amount of changes so the bike wasn't killing me. Initially within the first week of owning the bike I ended up loosing all feeling in my nether regions from about August to December. I ended up going through the BG fit program at the local shop and some of this was fixed through changing the saddle out from a domed saddle to one with a channel relief and getting real chamois. The BG fit also made some other adjustments to get everything spot on for my position on the bike and lastly we ended up swapping the bars out for ones that were much wider to combat a thoracic spine issue that's plagued me for years. The bike feels leaps and bounds better but still isn't super comfortable.

I currently ride about 3 times a week with an average of 20-25 miles with 1000 - 1200 feet of climbing. I can do these rides easily, they take around anywhere between 1.25 - 1.5 hours and I have little fatigue in my legs or lungs when I'm done. I've talked to various people about this and one thing that comes up every now and then is the Masi I have is a race geometry bike and I might want to look into a endurance geometry bike, it might make my body more comfortable for pushing longer distances. I'm not sure if this is the answer or if it will help, honestly I've never really ridden another road bike with different geometry. I bought this bike, did what needed to be done to get it fitting well and have just dealt with it since.

Is it worth looking into an endurance geometry bike or will the benefits be completely marginal?

'brifter' is a lame word.
    No one here can tell you with any certainty what you should be riding because:

No on here has seen you on your current bike nor does anyone here knows anything about your body dimensions or flexibility.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Deleted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bike Geometry Questions!-capture4.jpg   Bike Geometry Questions!-capture3.png   Bike Geometry Questions!-capture2.png   Bike Geometry Questions!-capture1.png  
    Last edited by Magsrgod; 07-10-2017 at 02:32 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Forum members will have to assume you already are on the correct size bike. The photos you posted from your fit session are too small to draw any valid conclusions and we don't know any of your body measurements to determine otherwise.

It doesn't matter whether the Masi has a racing vs. endurance geometry. If you have no complaints, then the frame is fine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    10-4, I'll talk with the guy that did the fitting next time I'm in the area.