RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010

Cannondale R300 vs Lotus Classique

Getting back into road biking. Last rode a Miyata back in the mid 80's. Looking at a stock Cannondale R300 - asking price is $100, but needs new tires. Or a Lotus Classique ($200)with new tires, trip computer and Shimano 600 components. Frame sizes are the same. Plan on using it for some hilly terrain near my house - no more than 20-30 mile rides (at least to start). Any thoughts on what might be better?

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by drewtoo
    Getting back into road biking. Last rode a Miyata back in the mid 80's. Looking at a stock Cannondale R300 - asking price is $100, but needs new tires. Or a Lotus Classique ($200)with new tires, trip computer and Shimano 600 components. Frame sizes are the same. Plan on using it for some hilly terrain near my house - no more than 20-30 mile rides (at least to start). Any thoughts on what might be better?
    Not enough info to offer any real advice, but because fit matters most, I'd say the one that most closely meets your requirements is 'better'. If you haven't already done so, test ride them and choose accordingly.

EDIT: If you're planning on riding in hilly terrain, check out the gearing of the bikes (along with fit). A compact or triple crankset may be an advantage depending on your level of fitness and the size of the 'hills'.
    Last edited by PJ352; 06-24-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: addition..