RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011

First clip-in pedals...any feedback on Look Keo Blade Carbon CrMo?

I've never used clip-ins, and just bought a CAAD 10 4 with the basic pedals.

I've been looking at all sorts of pedals today, and for some reason I find myself drawn to the Keo Blade series.

At $163 for the CrMo model, I don't consider it too much to spend, and I'm sure I would get a lot of use out of them.

Is this total overkill? I see the Shimano SPD-SL 6700 Ultegra for $87, and most people seem to really like them.

If anyone can point me to some pedal reviews or give advice on the Blades, I'd appreciate it.

Vee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    They are good pedals, but do not have any adjustable spring tensions which could help you learn how to clip and unclip with more ease.

PS: Where did you find them for $163?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    I rode Keo's (Classic and Carbon CroMo) for 5 years. I recently switched to Shimanos and would never go back. The pedal surface itself would ware on the Keo's. For a few grams I will take the durability of the metal frame on the Shimanos.

zac
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397
    I've never used clip-ins, and just bought a CAAD 10 4 with the basic pedals.

I've been looking at all sorts of pedals today, and for some reason I find myself drawn to the Keo Blade series.

At $163 for the CrMo model, I don't consider it too much to spend, and I'm sure I would get a lot of use out of them.

Is this total overkill? I see the Shimano SPD-SL 6700 Ultegra for $87, and most people seem to really like them.

If anyone can point me to some pedal reviews or give advice on the Blades, I'd appreciate it.
    the Ultegra pedal is a top pedal for what should be a common price, but sadly is not. Get the 6700's you wont regret it. You'll get many years out of them, and the cleats are fairly inexpensive to replace when you wear them out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397
    I see the Shimano SPD-SL 6700 Ultegra for $87, and most people seem to really like them.
    I'm basically in the same place as you, having just bought a caad10 and looking for pedals.

Where did you find the 6700s for $87?
    everywhere I look they're around $110....

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think the 6700s will do me fine, although they are out of stock at the place I found them for $87 (see below). I might wait, or I could get them on Amazon for $110.

The Looks were available earlier today, but are now also out of stock.

Look - http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/roa...ls/LOOKPEDA102

6700 - http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/roa...DA885000000000

From browsing around, I found the European prices to be much lower on pedals than anything I could find here in the US.

Cycling induced anoesis
    If this is your first time making an international purchase, you might want to give this a read:
    best on-line parts/accessory site(s)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ352
    If this is your first time making an international purchase, you might want to give this a read:
    best on-line parts/accessory site(s)
    Thanks for the info. I've bought plenty of items from Amazon UK, Amazon Germany, Amazon Japan and a few other International purchases. The only thing that ever got stopped at Customs was a watch coming directly from Switzerland, which I guess caught their attention.

Sometimes there's no choice. The only way I could get the limited edition blu-ray of Senna was direct from Japan...it'll probably show up on Amazon for half the price later this year, but what the hell