RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

First ride on new Allez Elite

So picked up a '10 Allez Elite yesterday, today went out for my first road cycle in many years - did an slow (13 mph/avg i think) 22 mile ride on very flat roads. beautiful spring day, flowers out, bikers out...

i am really amazed by the smoothness of the ride - of course i'm coming from riding a mountain bike for the past 5 years -

need to get my SPD pedals off my mtn bike so i can put them on the Allez, but have to buy a wrench first cause they are stuck on damn tight... it's hard to ride a bike with normal pedals

excited to go out again - i can see what the addiction is all about

RoadBikeReview Member
    Welcome to road biking.

Idiot at large
    Apr 2010
    maybe you should get a set of SPD pedals for the road bike also, say... the M520

Wave, dammit!
    Congrats on the maiden voyage! A 22 mile first ride is very respectable, even with your MTB experience. Don't worry about the average mph, it's all about enjoying the ride.
    When a cyclist in your area is injured or killed by a motorist, make an extra effort the next day to go for a ride. It doesn't have to be an organized ride, or even a long ride. Hell, ride a 15 minute loop around your neighborhood if you want.

Just be seen riding your bike.

Do it to make people aware we're out there. Do it to honor a fellow traveler. Do it because you're lucky enough to still be able to.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Congrats on the new ride!!

Ride often and ride safe.

Now.... pics, please.