Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

First road bike- Scott Speedster s10

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  caseyls 
#1 ·
I have been riding mountainbikes for the last 3 years and recently moved to Houston, which I believe is the only place on earth that would make some one move back to Kansas for the mountain biking. (No offence to Houstonian mtb'ers) So anyway I came across an 06 Scott Speedster S10 for $1400. The frame is my size, obvio)usly, and comes with an acceptable parts spec (full ultegra) The frame is aluminum with carbon seat stays.

I am 6'6" and 215 pounds, is this a good buy for my. I am not sure if I will ever race the bike but it is definately a possibility

#2 ·
Is this from a shop or online or what? Take your time making sure it is the correct size. I'm assuming its a 61 because you are so tall, but that might be too small (I'm 6'4 and a 61barely cuts it). You might need to locate a company that makes 62s.

Sizing is everything in road biking. Other than that, the bike sounds fine. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.