Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Wrong thread, please disregard.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    If I loose around 80lbs I may need some of this information! Until then I'll stick to being hairy. lol ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm not doing it.. nope

Heft(y) on Wheels
    I was on the side of the road about a month ago fixing a flat and another cyclist stopped and asked if I needed help and I said thanks, but I've got it. He said "Ok, have a good ride... Can I ask you a question?" I say sure, figuring it has to do with my husky self riding a mountain bike that's a tad too small on roads, but he asks me "Why haven't you shaved your legs?" I said I'm new to this and learning things and am just starting out and learning the Do's/Don'ts, culture, etc. Then I said "I don't think of them as hairs, I think of them as vortex generators; if they're good enough for an Evo or STI, they're good enough for my legs."

Guy busted up laughing and said that was the best reason he's heard yet and then he was back to his ride. I figured it was better than telling him I'm too lazy to shave my face as it is and my legs would require even more upkeep. :shrug:
    "Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor."
    -Alexis Carrel

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
    -Thomas Paine

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Here is my suggestion for this thread: I use a moisturizing body wash for shaving. I lather up my scrub pad (loofa in a more manly term) with it, lather my body, shave, then lather again after shaving. For me it has combined the exfoliation routine with the washing and moisturizing routines - all in the shower. Time saved!!!

banned
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper View Post
    My wife starts complaining after two days of my stubble. I'd like to stretch it to 4-7, but that would diminsh the frequency of other endeavors.

it does diminish other endeavors.....and increases complaints.

ive had the whole range

1) your stubble feels unpleasant on my skin (no nookie)
    2) your so smooth and supple, but i want a man (no nookie)
    3) your hairless body freaks me out, i like men with some hair (no nookie)
    4) your soft manhair feels and smells good, lets me know im a woman (lots of nookie)
    5) your self adulation is a turn off (no nookie)

the list goes on. as you can see, in my experience shaving has an adverse affect on my nookie rate, therefore.....i dont shave...privates? thats a whole other story. ;)

ill glady sacrifice a few thousands of a sec from aero, for nookie. ill gladly bounce along the pavement than slide and give up nookie. id rather get laid by my woman more than look cool to my boyfriends at the cafe.

i love cycling and all its oddities. i love nookie more. YMMV.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    I guess that your wife disproves the long-standing theory that all women are partly bisexual... but she has given you some ammo to fight back with.

Honey, your stubble feels like sandpaper (when she hasn't shaved).

Honey, it's time to go. Stop admiring yourself in the mirror.

banned
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    I guess that your wife disproves the long-standing theory that all women are partly bisexual... but she has given you some ammo to fight back with.
    i get laid more when my legs aint shaved, bi, try or mono.

Honey, your stubble feels like sandpaper (when she hasn't shaved).
    actually, thats my man's hands shes talkin about

Honey, it's time to go. Stop admiring yourself in the mirror.
    she says that regardless of whether shaved, or not. ;)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112