Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuota Anyone???

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

Angry @Raedyn

where did you buy your Kuota KUlt?
    im having headache trying to find a Kuota dealer here in Los Anegeles area.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    crazyhorse69, I bought my bike in Northern Virginia, but if you go to Kuota North America you can do a search by zip code. There are a couple in Santa Monica that I noticed, but there may be others closer to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    @Raedyn....i went to those crappy dealers in santa monica, the prices are 2 high and costumer service was horrible. Also they dont have the complete bike, they just have the frame and fork.
    KOM frame = $3,175
    KULT frame= $2,949 what do you think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    @Raedyn....does the dealer you bought your bike from have website or something?
    if yes put it down here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    From what I've seen online, the price on the KULT frame is on the lower end. Some places have them for 500 bucks higher, so you could do worse. Did you try talking the guy down further?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    man, i dont why its so hard to get a great bike(kuota) ...Raedyn, i didnt try it because that guy was a crap...that store have a horrible customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    man, i dont why its so hard to get a great bike(kuota) ...Raedyn, i didnt try it because that guy was a crap...that store have a horrible customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    crazyhorse, www.trisports.com is an authorized Kuota dealer and where I got a pretty good deal. Their website doesn't list the Kult yet but if you talked to them they might be able to help you out or point you to someone that has it. They are widely regarded as one of the best Tri shops in the nation.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I had two bikes for 2010 season LOOK 595 Ultra and Kuota KULT , I found Kult too stiff for me , my weight 67kg .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kuota Anyone???-kult-slud-3.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Hey Sa7nt,

I just picked up the same bike as yours recently. However, I haven't had a chance to really ride it yet.

I noticed that the top-tube and down-tube are kinda thin. When I press down on them from the sides, particularly the down-tube, I'm able to compress the carbon horizontally.

Do you notice the same on your bike? Also, do you notice flexing under heavy load?

Quote Originally Posted by sa7nt
    I own a 2009 Kuota Kredo Ultra. It's a fantastic bike - stiff and light. Any specific questions you have I'll be happy to answer.

Here's a pic of my baby:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Sa7nt,

I just picked up the same bike a couple months ago. However, I haven't had a chance to really test the bike out yet.

A couple of things that I'd like to point out:

I noticed that the top-tube and down-tube are kinda thin. When I press down on them from the sides, particularly the down-tube, I'm able to compress the carbon horizontally.

Do you notice the same on your bike? Also, do you notice flexing under heavy load?

Quote Originally Posted by sa7nt
    I own a 2009 Kuota Kredo Ultra. It's a fantastic bike - stiff and light. Any specific questions you have I'll be happy to answer.

Here's a pic of my baby:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Hi, love your bike, i have the same but in red. Rides superb, but whenever i'm out the saddle climbing, i'm getting a constant creaking sound, which i'm guessing is from the bottom bracket. Just wondering if you have had a similar problem, and if you know of a way to sorting the problem. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    I had some creaking from my bottom bracket on my Kult when I first bought it. I took it to my LBS and they adjusted it. I think they may have added a shim, but I'm not sure.

Later on my bike developed another creak, which seemed to come from the bottom bracket, but this time the culprit was the adjust length system (ALS) insert on the crank arm. They lubed the insert and the noise went away.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My kult is going to the mechanic i use, tomorrow, so i'll mention to him the advise you have given. If i get the problem fixed i'll post on here and let you know. Thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12