RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013

My new Masi and I went for 22 miles today!!

It was her maiden ride I'm so pumped! Had to make some minor tweaks when I got home, but in all I'm psyched. She's light, fast, and looks frickin awesome, even when sitting still. Can't wait to rack on the miles.

Brandon

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Woot! Enjoy. I've got 1600 miles on my Evoluzione and still loving every mile. Great bike for a great price.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Glad you're enjoying your new ride! Post pics if/ when able...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Here she is in all her glory!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    looks pretty nice! Are those Ritchey rims/wheels? I like the red SRAM hoods, black brake levers, and white shifters. Tasteful use of colors. Great choice!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Z6_esb View Post
    looks pretty nice! Are those Ritchey rims/wheels? I like the red SRAM hoods, black brake levers, and white shifters. Tasteful use of colors. Great choice!
    Thanks! It truly is a great looking bike. Yup, Ritchey rims and Kenda tires.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congrats on the new bike and yup, it looks great! As does that car she's leaning up against.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigposer View Post
    here she is in all her glory!

look at that car!!!

Cycling induced anoesis
    Agree on the paint scheme/ color matching.. very nice!

Nice car as well..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Whitewall tires! On the car that is...nice.

Agree with the others, and it's obvious...that's a nice looking bike. I would prefer black hoods, but hey that's why you're you and I'm me. Enjoy.
    I ride mostly in the honorable pursuit of being kissed on both cheeks at the same time by one blond and one brunette. But not redheads, they scare me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Congrats on the new bike and yup, it looks great! As does that car she's leaning up against.
    Quote Originally Posted by passthestoke View Post
    look at that car!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ352 View Post
    Agree on the paint scheme/ color matching.. very nice!

Nice car as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonG View Post
    Whitewall tires! On the car that is...nice.

Agree with the others, and it's obvious...that's a nice looking bike. I would prefer black hoods, but hey that's why you're you and I'm me. Enjoy.

Thanks all! That is my other baby; my 64 Cadillac Deville. She's sitting a bit high in that pic. She's usually on the ground when parked. 4" Coker white walls....so gangster

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Nice bike and car. Almost thought someone was sitting in the car, but was your reflection.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Nice bike! I just purchased a Masi 2011 Evoluzione Apex. So I guess the year before yours. They all seem to have a nice paint job on them. The price was right and I got Time Iclic2 Carbon pedals thrown in too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon7Chow View Post
    Nice bike! I just purchased a Masi 2011 Evoluzione Apex. So I guess the year before yours. They all seem to have a nice paint job on them. The price was right and I got Time Iclic2 Carbon pedals thrown in too.

Awesome! I've got about 56 miles so far and so happy with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Did a nice 27km ride today around the park by my house. Still trying to get used to clipping in and out of the pedals. I figure I should learn how to do that before venturing into the busy streets.

Thats the 2011 version that I have... Masi does a slick job on painting these things. They look great for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Jon7Chow; 02-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon7Chow View Post
    Did a nice 27km ride today around the park by my house. Still trying to get used to clipping in and out of the pedals. I figure I should learn how to do that before venturing into the busy streets.

Thats the 2011 version that I have... Masi does a slick job on painting these things. They look great for sure.

Man I do wish I had black bar tape though. White isn't so good for keeping clean. Gonna have to replace mine before long.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPoser View Post
    Man I do wish I had black bar tape though. White isn't so good for keeping clean. Gonna have to replace mine before long.
    If you ride with gloves [highly recommended] I use Fizik from bikestiresdirect.com. I can get an entire season out of the tape without issues.

Fizik Handlebar Tape Cycling Products - BikeTiresDirect

and did you expect to take a picture of your new Masi without anyone noticing that spectacular '64 low boy? Brilliant ride. Both of them.

best of luck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    If you ride with gloves [highly recommended] I use Fizik from bikestiresdirect.com. I can get an entire season out of the tape without issues.

Fizik Handlebar Tape Cycling Products - BikeTiresDirect

and did you expect to take a picture of your new Masi without anyone noticing that spectacular '64 low boy? Brilliant ride. Both of them.

best of luck
    Good lookin out! I'll check out the tape. My girl isn't even that low in that pic either. She's normally about an inch off the ground. Thanks for the compliments

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    The trend to have lots of white on bikes annoys me. Mostly because it means that now that I have another saddle I like, every time I find it cheap, it's also white. Doesn't look so good after some winter riding...

IMO, racing bikes should be bright colors. They're racing bikes, not ghost bikes and not weapons. (The black trend annoys me too.) They should shout; hopefully even be recognizable as a specific person's bike from a distance.

Cycling induced anoesis
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    The trend to have lots of white on bikes annoys me. Mostly because it means that now that I have another saddle I like, every time I find it cheap, it's also white. Doesn't look so good after some winter riding...

IMO, racing bikes should be bright colors. They're racing bikes, not ghost bikes and not weapons. (The black trend annoys me too.) They should shout; hopefully even be recognizable as a specific person's bike from a distance.
    FWIW, I completely agree on white bar tape, but break on the stealth (black) trend.

As you've often said, race bikes aren't always raced (mine aren't), so there's little need to 'shout' or be recognized (on road, bright colored jerseys do that). And although they aren't weapons, neither are sports cars (well, that's not their primary use), but IMHO many look very cool coated in black.

Here's one example recently posted in the Spec forum you're sure to dislike. I love it!

(Sorry for straying off-topic, OP).

My new Masi and I went for 22 miles today!!-2013-allez-race.jpg
    Last edited by PJ352; 02-05-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: correction..

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    LOL, I mostly dislike black for sports cars too. Although the primer black Miata with hood latches and a roll bar makes a pretty cool statement.

And no problem with it on a touring/training/commuting bike. Black also has the advantage that whatever team kit someone has, it won't clash.