RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018

New member, new roadie

Brand new member. Road various big box store bikes as a kid, then turned 16 and took a 17 year hiatus. Back in August 2017, bought a Mongoose fat tire so I could ride with my daughter. This sparked the urge to really ride, and speed on a fatty is a pipe dream. So, I saved up and bought a 2017 Masi Alare. So far I have had it about 2.5 weeks and I love it. Already completed a 32 mile charity ride, and have racked up over 200 road miles. Looking forward to many, many more.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi Cmccaslin and welcome to RBR!

Your early story sounds similar to mine. I rode bikes as a kid and as soon as I learned to drive, I didn't have any interest in biking until I was in my 30s.

Then all hell broke loose. I'm in my 50s now, own 7 bikes and ride around 3000 miles per year.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Similar story here, too, except I only have one road bike that I ride. I still have the old Fuji Espree that I rode back in the 80s, but it's just for memory purposes now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2018
    I have a feeling I am going to head down Lombard's path. I am signed up for rides every other weekend currently until end of May. Thank yall for being welcoming!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccaslin View Post
    I have a feeling I am going to head down Lombard's path. I am signed up for rides every other weekend currently until end of May. Thank yall for being welcoming!
    Cool!
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2016
    Oh, boy!... My story is similar that I didn't even touch a bike for almost 30 years. About 1 1/2 year ago, I started cycling again. During that period of time, i have purchased/built 9 bikes. 8-)

Hammer
    Welcome to the road !