Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    Thanks again for all the info. Not sure if you saw my last response to PJ352, but I talked to my friend and he said he would fit me and set up/assemble any bike I buy online for no fee. But he also told me that one of his good friends here in Charlotte is a Fuji dealer and that he could get me a deal. So we are gonna head to his friends shop one day next week and see what kind of prices I can get. I will keep you guys posted.. Again, thank you so much for all of your advice.

Matt

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Sounds like he's a good friend to have. Fujis are solid bikes -- go check some out at the shop in Charlotte. Ask your friend/shop people about an appropriate road bike as well. Test ride a road bike and a hybrid if you can.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedylane View Post
    Thanks again for all the info. Not sure if you saw my last response to PJ352, but I talked to my friend and he said he would fit me and set up/assemble any bike I buy online for no fee. But he also told me that one of his good friends here in Charlotte is a Fuji dealer and that he could get me a deal. So we are gonna head to his friends shop one day next week and see what kind of prices I can get. I will keep you guys posted.. Again, thank you so much for all of your advice.

Matt
    You're very welcome Matt. Let us know how you progress!
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    The fact that the OP is 6'5" is going to be a harder fit than anything else. See next post, Charlotte has a Performance Bike, I think. But if your friends can help,then great. Just make sure the bike is big enough.
    Last edited by ChiroX; 04-12-2017 at 07:25 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    These hybrids by Marin are available in size XX large from Performance Bike, and they look solid. One is $409.00, and the other is $369. They also have a model for $499.00. Performance has good customer service. You could call and ask questions. And I'd say it's worthwhile to have it shipped to the closest Performance Bikes to you so they assemble and shipping is free

Marin Larkspur CS1 Sport Hybrid Bike - 2017

Marin Larkspur CS2 Sport Hybrid Bike -- 2017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12