Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314
    User is infamous around
    When working on improving your cadence, what has worked for me thus far, is instead of finding the highest gear you can pedal at 'X' rpm, find the lowest gear you won't spin out of and maintain 'X' rpm. In other words, don't work from the top gear down, work from the lowest gear up (just like a car transmission). Sounds like common sense, but only the Almighty Himself knows how many riders are out there mashing along at 45rpm in 50x14 instead of spinning along at 90rpm in 34x14. What's the difference? About 1 mph faster and far, far, less stress on your knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by chudak View Post
    It's made with a mixture of titanium, unobtanium and the freshly harvested dew from the sweaty brows of 16 YO suburban virgins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Don't forget the ground up unicorn horn. That makes it magical.

Rob
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I hate getting my hands all greasy working on my bike so I wear a pair of latex gloves. I also keep a pair in my saddle bag in case I have to do a repair during a ride. Keeps you from getting grease all over your bar tape afterward. You can buy a box of 100 on Amazon for less than $10.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post

Out comes the rope, tossed over a rafter, a slipknot went around the nose of the saddle, and viola! a workstand that made it easy to lube and tune the bikes.
    Great story, but what does a large violin have to do with a bikestand?
    Bill in Pasadena

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    This is not a new tip-- I wanted to echo what what others have said about wearing bike shorts. I'm a beginner and the single most important thing my friends told me was to go buy a pair of bike shorts before my first ride. I was riding my friend's backup bike to get a feel for whether or not I wanted to invest in a bike so I wasn't too keen on buying bike shorts but I am SO glad I did. It made a big difference. One of my other friends did not heed this advice and I had a MUCH more enjoyable ride.

Ladies, if you don't like how you look in bike shorts, Skirt Sports makes a great little skirt called the Cover Girl that is just a skirt---no compression short underneath.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2016
    On my last road bike I stored latex gloves in the handlebars. I took the cap off of one side, slid them in the bar and put the cap back on. Never had to use them but seemed like a good place to store them.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 121314