Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Wellgo pedals or similar...

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  redlude97 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some equipment on a limited budget to go on my Giant Defy 3. I see a lot of Wellgo pedals on Ebay, w-41's seem pretty minimalist, does anyone have any input?
Or should I spend the extra on Shimano?
I'm planning on buying more of an MTB shoe to give me some versatility off the bike.

#2 ·
I think they're generally good quality, and a bargain. Wellgo makes house-brand pedals for vendors like Performance and Nashbar, and I've have good experiences with pedals from both those sellers. You should check those sites for sales if you're trying to economize.

#4 ·
FWIW my roommate has the wellgo SPD style pedals and they have been way less reliable than the low end shimanos I use. The clipping mechanism isn't as solid and he misses a clip about every other time. I tried them out for a bit to see if it was his technique, and sure enough I would occasionally miss a clip as well. Of course these were the very low end wellgo pedals and you may have better luck with one of the higher end ones. The shimano m520s can be had on amazon for ~$35 so I don't know how much you would be saving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.