Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26
    gastarbeiter
    Reputation: botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by asciibaron
    hey boy scout,

    Hook. Line. Sinker.





    ps - won't be wasting my time clicking your link. i'll assume you mean the native american dude from '70s antilittering ad.

  2. #27
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nachomc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    526
    Don't be selfish, botto, just hold on to the wrapper until you get home and discard it properly. There's really no excuse for littering and you're messing up the look and environment for your community every time you do it.

  3. #28
    You're Not the Boss of Me
    Reputation: JayTee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    Swallow it.

    Hmmmmm, talk about backin' up the drainage system ...
    JESUS IS COMING

    ... look busy

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    91
    I guess I'm a jerk also. NO, I don't litter, but because I really don't care that you throw it in the sewer. Every so often they come and vac those things out anyway.

  5. #30
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by ampastoral
    just put it in your jersey. yeah, sometimes little bits of goo will get on your jersey. i tried the under the bibs thing, but if any goo is left, i'd rather have warm sticky goo on the back of my jersey than on the inside of my thigh...NTTAWWT
    (I was ready to respond, but one of the damn ads of rbr broke in) /////// I do what the above does: but I begin the wrap of the Gel foil from the opened end. Obviously keeping it rolled up, in My jersey pocket. And if/once the Bar foil be empty: I set the foil -- from the Gel -- into there. And wrap the Bar foil up. Stuffing it deeply into My jersey pocket, as the Bar Foil will easily unwrap, over time -- if nothing kept above.

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: fleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,745
    I try to squeese out whatever might leak out the top really well, then most often I fold it up and put it in the jersery pocket. Even if it does mess it, its easy to clean. Warm water works great. Sometimes i'll tuck it into the leg of my short. But the pimp manuaver is to cruize up to your buddy, throw a hand on his back while you 'chat' and using ninja skills, sneak that puppy into his pocket.

  7. #32
    Spicy Dumpling
    Reputation: VaughnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,643
    I usually ride by botto's house and drop off my gel wrappers along with the rest of my trash in his front yard... I don't think it is ok, but I just do it..
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

  8. #33
    Sluggo
    Reputation: Jaxattax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by CTinCT
    I guess I'm a jerk also. NO, I don't litter, but because I really don't care that you throw it in the sewer. Every so often they come and vac those things out anyway.
    Maybe in your town. That doesn't happen around here. After a hard rain, all our street sewers back up like cheap toilets.

  9. #34
    MB1
    MB1 is offline
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Reputation: MB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,909

    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I usually ride by botto's house and drop off my gel wrappers along with the rest of my trash in his front yard... I don't think it is ok, but I just do it..
    Post of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

  10. #35
    gastarbeiter
    Reputation: botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I usually ride by botto's house and drop off my gel wrappers along with the rest of my trash in his front yard... I don't think it is ok, but I just do it..
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

  11. #36
    ten cents gets you nuts
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    189
    Chicken or egg? Did Botto start riding alone because he does things like litter for no reason or does he litter because he rides alone and knows no better?

  12. #37
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    485
    i use a gel-bot water bottle. it works great and no sticky hands/pockets. The only downsides of it is its kinda hard to clean.

  13. #38
    gastarbeiter
    Reputation: botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Hound
    Chicken or egg? Did Botto start riding alone because he does things like litter for no reason or does he litter because he rides alone and knows no better?




    i guess you've never hear of the term "beating a dead horse".
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

  14. #39
    Spicy Dumpling
    Reputation: VaughnA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,643
    Quote Originally Posted by botto




    i guess you've never hear of the term "beating a dead horse".
    The horse is still talking so I guess he ain't dead yet!
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

  15. #40
    Downhill Juggernaut
    Reputation: Chris H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by mytorelli
    i use a gel-bot water bottle. it works great and no sticky hands/pockets. The only downsides of it is its kinda hard to clean.
    Denture tablets and warm water.

    Works on your water bottles too.
    If running were a person I would try to sabotage their life so that they were poor and drunk and living in the gutter pulling half smoked cigarettes from ashtrays in front of the Target. - Joe Daddio

  16. #41
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: El Caballito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    410
    Give a hoot and don't pollute!

  17. #42
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    75
    Who uses gels for non race situations???? Just put it in an empty pocket. It's a race. You're gonna wash your jersey . . . . aren't you?

  18. #43
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: KonaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    Ditto here. I roll them up and tuck them up into under my shorts on the top of my thigh.
    Yup, tuck it under the shorts so it doesn't GU up anything in your pockets.

  19. #44
    donuts?
    Reputation: asciibaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    The horse is still talking so I guess he ain't dead yet!
    he's no horse, he's an ass
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    Next time, save your energy for tomorrows ride and try not to come in 6th.

  20. #45
    ten cents gets you nuts
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by botto




    i guess you've never hear of the term "beating a dead horse".
    Smilie maximization. High five. We need a smilie wearing a fanny pack.

  21. #46
    Sub
    Sub is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495
    Didn't read the whole thread so excuse me if I repeat. Hammer Gel Flask. Saw a guy in a cat 5 race throw his wrapper on the ground a 4 or 5 years ago, the rest of the field including me about put him in the ditch. Don't be that guy.

  22. #47
    Palm trees & sunshine!
    Reputation: KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,200
    This thread is funny as hell.


    supervillain

  23. #48
    S2H
    S2H is offline
    wut?
    Reputation: S2H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub
    Didn't read the whole thread so excuse me if I repeat. Hammer Gel Flask. Saw a guy in a cat 5 race throw his wrapper on the ground a 4 or 5 years ago, the rest of the field including me about put him in the ditch. Don't be that guy.
    One time I threw some trash on the ground. I felt so bad, I spoke-jammed myself.

  24. #49
    Sub
    Sub is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    One time I threw some trash on the ground. I felt so bad, I spoke-jammed myself.

    someone thinks he is funny I guess. Nice try though.

  25. #50
    Palm trees & sunshine!
    Reputation: KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty
    I spoke-jammed myself.
    Is that ()dΣ


    supervillain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •