RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018

Work of knees while standing

Hi, I really like riding a bike. Some time ago I read about the height of the saddle and the right arrangement of the knees. I often go standing, I do not like to sit on the saddle. Is there a movie or advice on this topic?
    If Warframe was paid, I would play Warframe anyway. This is a free to play game that dispels doubts about how the MMO should look. Until a few days ago we were not able to play together with friends and buy new Frames. I like Volt and Loki warframes most of all - so I'm buying frames :-) My passion is collecting and platinum farm, I sell the excess, but I use most of the platinum myself.
    A huge part of the players willingly buy warframe platinum, I consider this a good solution and good practice. It's a pattern and it's morally good, it's tolerant. There are many new and old factors among players that we can collect and train together. Buying frames is just one of the activities, and buying platinum is a basic activity.
    I buy Warframe paltinum here, I know this store because I used to buy orbs for PoE there too - now I use them to buy Warframe Platinum
    https://odealo.com/games/warframe
    Last edited by Rupperd; 4 Days Ago at 06:42 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupperd View Post
    Hi, I really like riding a bike. Some time ago I read about the height of the saddle and the right arrangement of the knees. I often go standing, I do not like to sit on the saddle. Is there a movie or advice on this topic?
    There are lots of fitting formulas out there but in the end they are starting points as your individual physiology will determine the final "best fit" for you. And "final" is a relative term because what might be a good fit when you first get started cycling will change as you gain fitness, flexibility, and adapt to the riding position.

A good starting point is to get your cycling inseam: stand on the floor, back to the wall, with your feet about 15 cm apart. Press a book or large dowel into your crotch and measure the distance to the floor. Multiply that distance by 1.09 to get the distance from your pedal axle to the top of the saddle as measured along the seat tube.

I cannot imagine why you do not want to sit on the saddle. It does take a few days to get used to it and to get past the initial sore spots, but after that this is the most efficient way to ride a bicycle. Full stop.