Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Zeppelin co2 inflator?

913 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mel Erickson 
#1 ·
#3 ·
robertw said:
Thinking about picking up the Planet Bike Red Zeppelin 2 - CO2 Inflator:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...and=&sku=11477&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

Anyone have it? Is it good enough to be used alone without any pump (even for longer rides)?

Thanks
That's the one I have. So far it's been great. I've used it four times so far with no problames whatsoever. I like the size of it and the little foam condomy thing for the CO2, that cartridge gets pretty cold. I also carry a barbieri carbone pump for backup and to bailout anyone I meet who I don't want to give one of my co2's to.

#5 ·
robertw said:
you need a backup? I'd want pack as light as possible so I dont have to take along a pump.
Well, I guess I could carry another co2 cartridge instead of the pump, but the cartridge would probably weigh more than the pump... :D
In all honesty I've never had more than one flat on a ride, but I like to be prepared. I also know that if I come across someone stranded with a flat that I can lend a hand(and a pump too!).

#6 ·
#7 ·
Cheap, small, work. I've got two of them for different bikes and bags. Only down side is they must use threaded carts which cost more and aren't as readily available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.