Thread: 2001 SL creak

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

2001 SL creak

Hello, I have gotten very up close and personal with a 2 year old creak on my bike . I have read this forum many times looking for answers and enjoy working on my bike but spring is here almost ,( 5 inches of snow last night so I am looking for help. My Bianchi has Daytona components. Things I have done 1. drop of oil on spokes at the rim 2.tighten chain ring bolts 3. remove and clean rear cassett 4.clean the seat post 5.remove clean and grease bottom bracket 6. changed pedals. I did just discover a missing rear derailluer adjustment bolt I think a chain adjuster could this be the problem? The creak only appears after 15 to 20 miles and only when peddaling. Any kind of help would be great thanks pete

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    Have you checked the chain ring bolts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Yes, I"v taken all the chain ring bolts and the rear sleeve they screw into out and cleaned and grease them I spent$ 6.00 on a chain ring nut wrench and tightened them down. I dont have a torque wrench. Today I lubed the quick release and the area it contacts on the frame. What do you think about the rear deraillure adjustment screw missing any possibility thats my creak? Thanks for your respond Pete