Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Boardwalk

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jendsley@comcast.net 
#1 ·
I am fifty four years old and finally accepting my age. I have a hard tail Bianchi Osprey that I loved, followed by a bad choice of a Diamondback Racing full suspension bike that I bought before they went the mass marketing route.

Anyway, trail burns and technical routes are kind of in my past, and I am looking for a decent hybrid to use on tame bike trails and some road work. I put a female friend on a Scott Speedster 60, along with a riser bar and wider tires last week, and was really impressed with the bike. I called a dealer today inquiring of the Scott SUB line, and he did not recommend it - too stiff. He was impressed with what I had set up with the Speedster, but he also highly recommended the Bianchi Boardwalk. As I am now looking at weight, I cannot find any info on the Boardwalk's weight. The Speedster in road form is about 22 lbs, and after I added the upgrades, it probably approached 24 lbs. I am looking at something in that neighborhood, no more than 26 lbs. Anyone know how much the Boardwalk weighs?

Thanks, and apologies for the drawn out inquiry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.