RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Eros - year, specs, and geomtry?

I recently obtained an Eros. It measures out at a 51 and I'm wondering if it might be too small for me. My friend's 54 Team Pro has the same standover height, and appears to have roughly the same geometry. I understand the Team Pro is designed for more aggressive riding and the Eros is designed for touring. I need to get the wheels trued and tensioned, however, I don't want to spend any money on the bike if it is going to be too small for me. Where can I find listed geometry of this bike? I'd like to compare it to the modern day frame specs.

I'd like to find out some information about this bike. It is white and has the lugged frame. I believe the last year of the lugged frame in 1998. There is a sticker on the underside of the downtube with a UPC bars and the number "71111704M". The engraving under the bottom bracket shell is F6 H51 29007. Any idea on the year and what original groupset it came with?

I'll post pictures once I get everything cleaned up.

ETA - I forgot to mention that I'm 5' 7" with an inseam of 31-ish to 32.
    Last edited by royta; 03-18-2009 at 01:17 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2003
    Bianchi USA has an archive on their website. It should have old geometries, etc. I'm not sure if they go back to 1998 though. Was there an internet then?