Tyler

Had a bad wreck...Haven't posted in a while.

It's been a bit since I've been on here due to an accident I had back in August. I went from having a great summer racing to out of commission...

I started racing this past summer and I was getting pretty darn good. I came in 15th, 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd in my first 4 Cat 5 races, and then came in 10th and 1st in my first two races after I was bumped up to Cat 4.

The weekend after I won my first race I was on a training ride with my shop and a dog ran out in the middle of the pack. We were going downhill at approx. 43 mph and I ate the pavement pretty good. Ended up snapping my radius in half, fracturing my scaffold, braking another small bone in my wrist and snapping the tendons that connect to my ulnar. Other than my left arm, I only had a bit of road rash and no other breaks. Luckily I didn't have any damage to my head, shoulders, back, or legs! Currently I still don't have any strength in my left arm to squeeze the break or to shift from my small ring up to my big ring. I am having another surgery sometime in March to hopefully fix me for good.

With all that happened to me, it's pretty insane that I really didn't have a whole lot of damage to my bike. I needed up having to replace my brake hoods and my rear tire. Other than that there wasn't even really but one small scratch. Anyhow, right after the accident I was all about getting back on a bike and so I continued fixing up my bike. I thought I would share some pictures with how it looks currently.

First Pic is my last race and my first win…hopefully there will be more later once I'm all healed up. The other pics are of the bike in it's current state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Had a bad wreck...Haven't posted in a while.-img_2254.jpg   Had a bad wreck...Haven't posted in a while.-dsc_0590.jpg   Had a bad wreck...Haven't posted in a while.-dsc_0604.jpg   Had a bad wreck...Haven't posted in a while.-dsc_0592.jpg  
    -BianchiTyler

Bianchi sempre 53cm frame
    Mavic Kysyrium SL-wheelset
    FSA k-force lite brakes
    FSA k-force lite stem
    FSA k-force lite handlebar
    FSA k-force lite seatpost
    FSA k-force lite crankset
    FSA k-force lite skewers
    FSA k-force lite stem cap
    Fizik Arione klum saddle
    Dura ace 7900 chain
    Dura ace 7900 cog
    Dura ace 7900 shifters
    Dura ace 7900 front derailler
    Dura ace 7900 rear derailed
    Dura ace Pedals
    Blackburn carbon cages
    Lizardskins Bar tape
    Garmin Edge 500

Tyler
    new uploader stinks. I uploaded 5 pictures….Oh well!
    -BianchiTyler

Bianchi sempre 53cm frame
    Mavic Kysyrium SL-wheelset
    FSA k-force lite brakes
    FSA k-force lite stem
    FSA k-force lite handlebar
    FSA k-force lite seatpost
    FSA k-force lite crankset
    FSA k-force lite skewers
    FSA k-force lite stem cap
    Fizik Arione klum saddle
    Dura ace 7900 chain
    Dura ace 7900 cog
    Dura ace 7900 shifters
    Dura ace 7900 front derailler
    Dura ace 7900 rear derailed
    Dura ace Pedals
    Blackburn carbon cages
    Lizardskins Bar tape
    Garmin Edge 500

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I hope you heal fast!
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Heal fast, heal well. Dogs on the roadcan be such a hazard. Look what happened to Philippe Gilbert in last year's TdF.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” Albert Einstein

My current stable:

1989 SLX Bottecchia - Mia prima bicicletta Italiana - bella
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike - One tough workhorse
    2012 Bianchi Infinito - Mia seconda bicicletta Italiana - bellissima
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme - Che bella, che bella!

I should be riding.
    Sep 2012
    Man you got pretty banged up. A good reminder how dangerous this sport can get. Hope you heal fast and don't rush it. I rushed a bad back and paid for it. I'm taking this entire winter off and coming back only in April easing my way in. Was the dog ok?
    PATRICK
    '12 Bianchi Infinito
    '12 Trek FX 7.2