Page 1 of 62 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Let's see your Bianchi!!

Let's see some rides.

This is my 2002 XL EV2. It originally came with a Record/Chorus mix as stock. It has Record crankset, rear derailleur, chain and carbon levers/shifters. It has Chorus calipers, 12-25 cassette, pro fit pedals and front derailleur. I replaced the pain-in-the-ass Bianchi Titanium seat post with a fantastic Campy Chorus Titanium post from 2002. I also replaced the ugly Pantani seat with a Fizik Arione and the Levitation wheels with some new Campagnolo Protons. The rubber is Continental's slick Attack/Force combo. The bars and stem are ITM Millenium.

The color scheme is a gorgeous Celeste Olympic Paint scheme that has held up remarkably well with very few marks of any kind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-img_0058.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-img_0056.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-img_0055.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-img_0068.jpg  
    Last edited by Bloatedpig; 06-28-2005 at 01:06 PM.

Incorrigible Wanderer - R.I.P.

A sampling...

First is an RC 'crosser, before I pulled off the 9sp Ultegra and installed 8sp Record/Chorus. Second is the other RC 'crosser, which came to me with the weirdest mishmash of 8sp 105/600, which I replaced with an 8sp Campy Racing Triple. Just didn't seem right to have anything but Campy on Italian steel. Last is my family of Axises--my only defense for this bit of lunacy is that some were used, one was built from a frameset and others were bought as closeouts. What the heck--there are much worse vices....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-rc-sl-post.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-rc-cross2-post.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-axis-sextet-post.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    First is an RC 'crosser, before I pulled off the 9sp Ultegra and installed 8sp Record/Chorus. Second is the other RC 'crosser, which came to me with the weirdest mishmash of 8sp 105/600, which I replaced with an 8sp Campy Racing Triple. Just didn't seem right to have anything but Campy on Italian steel. Last is my family of Axises--my only defense for this bit of lunacy is that some were used, one was built from a frameset and others were bought as closeouts. What the heck--there are much worse vices....
    Nice rides!.......Jeez, my wife would kill me if I had that many bikes in the house! You're right about the Campy and Bianchi thing.....although Shimano makes a hell of a nice Groupo....I could never see my bike with any other than Italian parts on it.

Regards

psychopathy de jourist

Just my celeste's worth

04 Team Replica, SL3 tubeset, campy veloce, vento - but still feels like a thoroughbred to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-bianchi-road-pup.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gutpile
    04 Team Replica, SL3 tubeset, campy veloce, vento - but still feels like a thoroughbred to me.
    Gut,

Great picture......Love the paint scheme.

Incorrigible Wanderer - R.I.P.

Talking Gutpile, Bloated Pig and a Walrus...

...boy, if that doesn't conjure up some sorry mental images. Good thing the bikes look as good as they do. ;)

NeoRetroGrouch
    SS Volpe and Track - TF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-volpe600.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-pista2_600.jpg  
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

psychopathy de jourist

Add to those Turbo Turtle, and -

...boy, if that doesn't conjure up some sorry mental images. Good thing the bikes look as good as they do. ;)
    makes one wonder if there's something going on with Bianchi owners/riders and their monikers. Might be a Master's Thesis somewhere in this!

RoadBikeReview Member

My new San Lorenzo...

I just built this a few weeks back.I got the 2004 frake set on a closeout deal and built it up with a Ultegra 10 speed group and Ksyriums.

Stiff and responsive.I am just now getting use to it and love it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Yet another nice ride........ a lot of the roads that I use for training have brand new black-top on them.....boy if the celeste color doesn't look fine riding on top of it! Looks like Ullrich is going to choke again...maybe it's his bike. His best outing against Lance was on a Bianchi in 2003.

Regards,

Bloated

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

My Bianchi

Here is the team issue. Has Ultegra 10 spd and I race on Rolf Vigors, but I dont race til the weekend so the training wheels are on it now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-p1010241.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-p1010242.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloatedpig
    Yet another nice ride........ a lot of the roads that I use for training have brand new black-top on them.....boy if the celeste color doesn't look fine riding on top of it! Looks like Ullrich is going to choke again...maybe it's his bike. His best outing against Lance was on a Bianchi in 2003.

Regards,

Bloated
    Jans EV3........2003 was a good year
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005

my bianchi...almost perfect(for me)

I have always wanted to build a custom Bianchi, am not an extreemly avid cyclist...but do use it for my main transportation, so ride alot. since building my bike I have added a cyclometer so I can start a training routine and get more serious. the frame is a Bianchi Daytona 2001, alluminum LT frame with carbon fiber fork, components are campagnolo chorus 10 spd with record rear hub (japanese sealed...but very smooth front hub). sewup rims with tufo road elite tires, easton attack aero bars. seatpost is generic, carbon fiber. seat is sella san marcos titanium rail.only components I need to upgrade to complete it are the rims (want semi-aero front, aero rear) and upgrading the brakes (generic but good quality now).

hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Kevin
    Last edited by bianchiTT; 07-05-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: photo not showing up.

NeoRetroGrouch
    [QUOTE=bianchiTTI have always wanted to build a custom Bianchi, am not an extreemly avid cyclist...but do use it for my main transportation, so ride alot. since building my bike I have added a cyclometer so I can start a training routine and get more serious. the frame is a Bianchi Daytona 2001, alluminum LT frame with carbon fiber fork, components are campagnolo chorus 10 spd with record rear hub (japanese sealed...but very smooth front hub). sewup rims with tufo road elite tires, easton attack aero bars. seatpost is generic, carbon fiber. seat is sella san marcos titanium rail.only components I need to upgrade to complete it are the rims (want semi-aero front, aero rear) and upgrading the brakes (generic but good quality now).

hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

Kevin, You use tubies for "main transportation"? Any trouble dropping the chain on the single front with a 10-speed rear? - TF
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I did alot of research before finding the right tires. ended up with tufo road elite. they hold up amazingly well, handle as much air as you could put in them, and ride fairly well(above average) only problem is the tires are not as grippy as some of the others I tried, but the endurance they have more than makes up for it...being my "transportation" dependability at a slight sacrifice to performance is an acceptible compromise. as for dropping the chain, have not had a problem with it at all...I have a short cage rear derailleur with 12-25 gearing, being in Louisiana the ground is as flat as paris hilton, so I never used the maller chainrings on the front...decided to take them off and save the little weight (and looks alot smoother).

RoadBikeReview Member
    An elemental Bianchi:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-p4300042_sm.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Number9
    An elemental Bianchi:
    #9..........Nice ride. Do you ride it on the track or road?

RoadBikeReview Member
    No brakes - so it's mostly track only (I live about 15 minutes from the local velodrome and I'm not so macho as to ride brake-less in traffic); I do occasionally ride it in the eves on-road for training because I have a 1/4 mile clockwise loop around my house with no cross streets (only T-intersections).
    Last edited by Number9; 07-18-2005 at 06:45 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Here is my 1999 Giro, mostly 105 components with little upgrades here and there. I recently had the CPX33 wheels on ultegra hubs built up and like them a lot. Hoping to get something new next spring, anyone ride the 1885?

DB

There is nothing quite like a whiff of fresh, holstein scented, country air.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    This is my Bianchi L Alloy. In the meantime it's upgraded with Dura Ace SPD SL Pedals and Dura Ace seatpost.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    asdfasdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's see your Bianchi!!-volpe.jpg   Let's see your Bianchi!!-volpe2.jpg  

Spin Diesel

hate to break the celeste cycle

but heres my 05 Giro pretty much stock unless you count waterbottles and computer. Silver is purty and shiny

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...71504#poststop
    On your left!

Spin Diesel

you're friggin nuts ? hey are those all cross bikes? what sizes are they and would you consider selling one
    On your left!

psychopathy de jourist
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloatedpig
    Jans EV3........2003 was a good year
    Yes, Yes it t'was.

psychopathy de jourist
    Quote Originally Posted by XC Roadee
    but heres my 05 Giro pretty much stock unless you count waterbottles and computer. Silver is purty and shiny

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...71504#poststop
    Took a look XC, and that's purty! Also, a purty lookin place to ride, but what the H*** is that frisbee doing on your rear wheel?

Page 1 of 62 123 ... LastLast