Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tyler

My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!

Sempre 105
    Mavic Ksyrium SL Wheels
    Blackburn Carbon cages
    Ultegra 6700 pedals
    Cateye Strada wireless
    Cateye head light for night rides
    Planet Bikes Super flash (turbo 1 watt) for night rides
    Lizard Skins DSP bar tape
    Michelin Pro 3 race tires

I plan to get a FSA SL-K light or K-force light crank pretty soon and FSA OS-99 stem to help cut down a little weight. Also, a new saddle maybe Fizik Arione! Any thoughts? The ksyrium sl's really took the weight of the bike down.

Obviously I take the lights off when I need to reduce weight!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0157.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0158.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0375.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0376.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0378.jpg  

My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0382.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0384.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0386.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0381.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    VERY nice bike. I have an Infinito in the same color scheme. If you are looking for the red/white arione with black fizik writing I have two for sale...one used and one not used....(insomniacmunky@gmail.com)

As far as upgrades I have a K-Force light 0SB post and its SO LIGHT and comfy. I have been told the K-Force cranks can be flexy if you sprint.

Tyler
    Yeah i heard that so that is why I am leaning towards the SL-K which is supposed to be a good bit stiffer. Can you post a pic of the used arione you have. I'm not positive that I am interested but I may be. Is it the carbon version? Thanks for the info on the _force seat post.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006
    How do you like the new wheelset compared to the ones that came with the bike? Are they lighter? Roll better?

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by adjtogo View Post
    How do you like the new wheelset compared to the ones that came with the bike? Are they lighter? Roll better?
    Yes, they are much lighter. It's crazy how much lighter they were just holding both front wheels in my hand. I only have 40 miles on them so far so I can't give you a very detailed description about them right now. I will say that I can tell a difference climbing. They are stiffer so the climbing is amazing.

I changed tires at the same time so I can't tell if some of the difference I am feeling is with the tires or the wheels. Going downhill I did feel a slight pull where the spokes were catching more wind than the smaller spokes of the original wheels.

So far I really like them but I suppose I have to since I just dropped that much money on them. I will comment back at a later date when I put more miles on them. A lot of people really like them and some people don't so who knows!

Tyler
    Oh by the way, I just purchased a RoadID bracelet. Do any of you wear an informational bracelet that helps first responders identify you? My wife was all about this purchase. I think it will give her a little more peace of mind.

www.roadid.com or www.myroadid.com
    Last edited by BianchiTyler; 07-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Bianchi-Campagnolo

Latex

@BianchiTyler: I recommend latex tubes if you haven't put that inside the P3Rs already. Some 15-20 Watts saved over butyl at 20 mph d.t. lower rolling resistance, and better grip, more comfort and pucture resistance. They're lighter too. You'll have to pump to correct pressure for every, that's the downside. The upside of that again ist that you get a lot of chances to find your preferred tire pressure.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by kbwh View Post
    @BianchiTyler: I recommend latex tubes if you haven't put that inside the P3Rs already. Some 15-20 Watts saved over butyl at 20 mph d.t. lower rolling resistance, and better grip, more comfort and pucture resistance. They're lighter too. You'll have to pump to correct pressure for every, that's the downside. The upside of that again ist that you get a lot of chances to find your preferred tire pressure.
    Thanks for the info. I have michelin airstop (butyl) tubes in them right now. I will look at getting a set of latex tubes.

Tyler
    Which type of latex tubes do you think are the best? I see the michelin a1 latex tubes and vittoria latex tubes.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    More or less same-same. I've been using both without being able to tell a difference except that the Michelins are green and the Vittorias pink...

The Vittorias are the ones that go into their top level tubulars, btw.

Tyler
    More or less same-same. I've been using both without being able to tell a difference except that the Michelins are green and the Vittorias pink...

The Vittorias are the ones that go into their top level tubulars, btw.
    I know this may sound like a dumb question but will the 25-28 size fit in my 700x23 tires or should i try to get the 19/23 size?

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Go with the 19/23. Latex tubes have a larger "unstretched" diameter than butyl tubes, so the "right size" is much easier to work with.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    what were the original wheels and did you get a chance to weigh them?

whats your sempre weigh now?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BianchiTyler View Post
    Oh by the way, I just purchased a RoadID bracelet. Do any of you wear an informational bracelet that helps first responders identify you? My wife was all about this purchase. I think it will give her a little more peace of mind.

www.roadid.com or www.myroadid.com
    Did the same thing for the Mrs. "peace of mind" too - that & I'm allergic to penicillin...
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule
    of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by 8weapons View Post
    what were the original wheels and did you get a chance to weigh them?

whats your sempre weigh now?
    Maddux RX 5.1 LITE custom white color, logo reparto corse weight: 2140 grams
    Mavic Ksyrium SL weight: 1485
    Difference: 655 grams or 1lb 7.1 ounces

I do not have a way to weigh my bike but Bianchi claims that the 57cm sempre weighs in at 18.11 lbs without pedals. I have a 55cm bike so I am sure that it is a little lighter.

Tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by AnkleChop View Post
    Did the same thing for the Mrs. "peace of mind" too - that & I'm allergic to penicillin...
    I think mine should be in early next week. I went with the interactive version so I could list my medical info too. I just don't want something to happen to me and my wife not know about it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Wow, nice ride. I may have a Sempre in my future very soon. Just found out my Luna frame is cracked. Sucks to be me at the moment.

Tyler
    I busted a Pro3 race tire today and I am pissed off at them. I don't even have but about 70 miles total on them so far and a huge blowout today. Left me walking over 8 miles back to my vehicle!

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    What happened?

Tyler
    I suppose I ran over a piece of debris but nothing that I haven't ran over thousands of times. PUt a huge slit across the tire. Put a new tube in it and the tube was poking out of the tire. Tire was unridable. I took it to my LBS and they said michelins pro race series has been prone to so that. I ordered some vittoria rubino pro 3 slicks yesterday from realcyclist because they are having a sale right now. Hopefully they will last longer. Right now I just put a crappy bontrager tire on that is kinda beefy. My bike looks funy now, I hate not matching!

Tyler
    Bianchi with black tire
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0145.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    very nice ride, I'm missing mine these days.

Tyler

New Helmet

I just purchased a new Specialized S-works Prevail Helmet. This helmet is all over the tour right now just not in this color combo. This is the MTB team helmet color combo. I really liked the sprint color that Gilbert was wearing there for a couple of days but I don't have any kits to match it. I also am including pics of my other helmet Giro Ionos!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0146.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0147.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0148.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0149.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0150.jpg  

My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0151.jpg   My Sempre 105 with new Ksyrium Sl Wheels!-dsc_0152.jpg  

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Gimme a Prevail in Celeste!
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Tyler
    Gimme a Prevail in Celeste!
    Have you seen the team Astana prevails? They are pretty close. Not quite but close!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast