descend faster w/ pizza!

New Infinito Review

For a bike that's been out for a while, it's interesting to see that the Infinito is still being reviewed. Bicycling magazine finally got around to reviewing a 105-equipped model, and now road.cc review a Campy Athena model:

Review: Bianchi Infinito | road.cc | Road cycling news, Bike reviews, Commuting, Leisure riding, Sportives and more

I was surprised to see that his chief criticism was of the harsh ride.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    My 2010 is no softie either. I wonder if they've made any changes to the layup over the years.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Where's that GPS?
    Actually, for a bike made for long rides, it makes sense to me that the smoothness of the ride was a slight peev. Harshness over long rides will of course contribute to rider fatigue.

Still and all, a very favorable review I thought.
    1980's - Centurion
    1990's - Peugeot
    2000's - Specialized
    2010's - Bianchi

''This story was so perfect for so long. It's this myth, this perfect story, and it wasn't true.'' - Lance Armstrong

descend faster w/ pizza!
    Yes, still a very favorable review, but not what you would expect given Bianchi's design goals for the frame. You know, K-VID inserts and BAT stay design and all. Guess there's more marketing hype than engineering behind those acronyms, but it doesn't really matter. The ride tells you that it's still an excellent frame.

Also, I can confirm the author's supposition that a carbon handlebar takes a lot of the vibration out, even if only in the drops.

Now, I just need to get an FSA K-Force Light SB25 seatpost (since it won VeloLab's recent test for vibration absorption) and I'll have the supple yet firm setup I so desire.
    Last edited by Tantivious Todd; 02-27-2013 at 07:39 AM.