Thread: Sad day

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Sad day

Sad day at the mackgoo residence. Last night we got in late. Our garage door has a habit of not closing on occasion. Last night it didn't and we didn't check before going to bed. This morning on my way to work I see the door was open, didn't think to much about it. Then I see, my beloved Ti Mega Tube is gone!
    Sad day-img_0532.jpg
    Drat. So I call the police to get a report and will start the process with my homeowners. I'll be scouring eBay and Craigslist in hopes it may show up. Likely it's gone so I'll also start looking for a replacement. I really want another Mega Tube with Columbus Hyperion. I know for a fact my frame was in fact Bianchi vs the latter litespeed build. I have looked some and came across the S9 Matta. Does anyone know anything about this frame set? Was this one built by Litespeed? How about the material?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Bike thieves suck! I hope you get your bike back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Sad to hear, had it happen to me 30 years ago and I am still pissed about it. To help get the word out, go to the Facebook, Bianchi Owners Club group and share the info. It can help spread the word for people to be on the look out. Someone recently had an issue shipping a bike, went missing, and put the info up. It can be a quick way to share. I would email the info to all the local bike shops as well and not sure if you have any pawn shops in your area. Check in with any cycling clubs. Since it is metal it could quickly be stripped and painted unfortunately. The Campy and the wheels are pretty distinctive as well so if they swap out parts it could be a clue. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

$$$

Will your home owners insurance cover it, I have had luck in the past with that?

Forever a Student
    Time to figure out the garage door problem.

I know this sounds harsh, but many an insurance company will not honor that claim. They will mandate that the bike be locked up inside and stored with more security than basically in a wide open garage just sitting there. Hope yours is nice to you.

Nice and rare bike, not going to be easily replaced if even possible now. Hopefully that helps the chances of one day getting it back. It's probably sitting in a pawn shop right now a state away.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Good news. My neighbor just got home from work and came over. It turns out last night he was out on his balcony and noticed the door opened. He knocked on our door but we were asleep. He noticed a car that kept circulating past our garage the 3rd time stopping so he came down, they left and he took the bike of the hanger and put it in his garage. So the bike is home.
    Itís great to have real neighbors huh?

Life is good

Forever a Student

Cool

woah.
    use a torque wrench

Anphaque II
    Quote Originally Posted by mackgoo View Post
    Good news. My neighbor just got home from work and came over. It turns out last night he was out on his balcony and noticed the door opened. He knocked on our door but we were asleep. He noticed a car that kept circulating past our garage the 3rd time stopping so he came down, they left and he took the bike of the hanger and put it in his garage. So the bike is home.
    Itís great to have real neighbors huh?

Life is good
    What a happy ending !
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Awesome!
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2016
    what a great neighbor

Hi
    May 2010
    dude.. never buy a lottery ticket again