Bianchi-Campagnolo

Sooo... What do we think of the Oltre XR3?

One Q: Why call it Oltre in the first place? Looks more like a Sempre Aero CV to me.

Bianchi - Performance bicycles since 1885
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Forever a Student
    It's for sure an Oltre. Like a 2 in the front and 4 in the back with cost cutting all around.

I see no point for it or place for it really, but whatever. Maybe it'll help them talk people in the 4 more easily now?
    use a torque wrench

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Depends on it's price point, I gather. If they put it around Sempre Pro, below the Infinito CV, then it should be marketable to a different crowd than the XR4.
    At least in Europe there's only four levels of finished build: DA, Chorus, Potenza and 105, all mech. I'm not at all uninterested in the frame set myself. Seems more of an allrounder than the XR4, gets away with low profile wheels more easily.
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    It's for sure an Oltre. Like a 2 in the front and 4 in the back with cost cutting all around.

I see no point for it or place for it really, but whatever. Maybe it'll help them talk people in the 4 more easily now?
    That is the branding problem. If you called it the "YQ3" everyone would laugh...while "XR3" sounds badass.

Of course if they really wanted to sell it, they'd call it the "ž3". Now THAT would sell like hot cakes.
    "‘Photograph me on horseback,’ wrote Teddy Roosevelt in 1908. ‘Tennis, no. And golf is fatal.’ "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    If Im buying a new frameset is there much real world difference between the XR3 and XR4 framesets? What incentive is there to pay more for the XR4? Ive noticed I can swap over my current brake callipers, stem and bars straight onto the XR3. While the XR4 has direct mount brakes and an areo integrated stem+bar (how do you use lights and ride with hands on top of these aero bars?)My guess is the XR3 is marketed as a more comfortable and less extreme XR for those who are not quite young, flexible, racing snakes?......XR3 with Dura-Ace/Ultegra £4600....Campag Chorus £4199....Campag Potenza £3300....Shimano 105 £2799....An entire XR3 is considerably cheaper than just a XR4 frameset. Bianchi Oltre XR3 first ride review - BikeRadar
    Last edited by BennyC; 18 Hours Ago at 04:28 AM.