Pedallin' Pete
    Aug 2006

'05 Argon 18 Mercury or '05 Guru TriLite

Hey Guys,
    Wondering if anyone has some feedback for me. I've found two decent deals on new '05 tri bikes right now, and I don't know which is better:
    1) the Argon18 Mercury has Ultegra on it with Easton Circuit Wheels. Carbon rear triangle. It also has two paint chips in the seat tube (aluminum portion) that are the result of a handling accident that occured when taking the bike to a retailer show. I think I can get an autobody guy to fix it pretty easily. Weight as-is: 20.5lbs. Price:2500 Canadian (not sure of new price)
    2) the Guru TriLite is an '05, so it doesn't have the wheel cutout like the Argon18. But the bike is in mint condition otherwise. Full Ultegra. Price $2500 Cdn ($3600 new) I can't remember what wheelset is on the bike - probably Ksyrium SL. Weight - I don't know, we couldn't weigh it.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    J

Cycling Boob
    not sure but i think the guru trilite is made of u2. id want to give that baby a try

Pedallin' Pete
    Aug 2006
    Looking at the Guru again, it's actually an '04. They didn't use the wheel cutout in the seatpost in 04, but they did in 05. The bike looks great, and I think I'll go with it.
    j