RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007

1999 Bianchi Team Replica

Hows it going?Looking at a 1999 Reparto Corse Bianchi team Replica. Anybody know anything about this frame set? I found what I believe to be a decent deal, but being an older frame there is not a whole lot of information. It is built up with stock carbon fork, full ultegra, mavic pro's and in the $700 range. Thanks for any info or opinions.

Devoid of all flim-flam

Back in 2000, I test rode one.

It had Campy Nine Speed Record on it and assorted Marco Pantani tchachkes. I. Martin Imports in LA wanted a lot for it - $4500 or so.. It was very quick handling and responded great to the pedal, but it also rode quite roughly. It was an all-out race bike. . Hope this helps.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    I know what bike your talking about, they were light for back in 2000 but the frames rode rather harsh, it's definilty a race bike before race bikes became fast AND comfy, but if your not worried $700 will probably net you a sweet ride, just depends on the condition.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks Mapei. Can't believe I managed to hear from someone who actually rode one new. Sometimes the internet can be a wonderful place. I was a bit surprized to see shimano on it, I'm waiting on an answer about whether it is '99 vintage or if it has been replaced more recently. I know the headset has been replaced with a Chris King and he states the weight as under 18lbs. Also your riding impressions are pretty much exactly what I assumed, stiff, fast, and unforgiving of erroneous input. Thanks again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    I see roadboy is in for another fast and harsh vote. I like fast, fast is good. Harsh...well Like BMX bike with a plastic seat harsh? Because I can live with that. Basically I grew up BMX, went mountain bike mid 20's, screwed a foot up pretty good (non-biking) and just can't take crashes like I used to. Never ridden a real road bike and I'm looking for something cheap, fast, unique and fun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The 99 model had pretty much round tubes. The 2000 (and later) had the large megapro downtube and almost squared off toptube. I never road the '99 but the had a 2000 and 2001 and neither of those were harsh (to me). I though both road very smooth and did several centuries on each.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I rode one for a summer a few years ago. It was a sweet ride. Fast and refined. Not as harsh as cannondales of that day, I recall that they also size up kinda wierd. At that time, bianchi had their own wheels, which were awesome, light, stiff and durable.
    Bottom line, is that's a great first road bike.