RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

2003 Giant TCR Aero 2

I am a complete novice as far as road bikes are concerned. 3 months of riding a vintage schwinn (probably from the 80s) has, however, hooked me onto road biking and I have decided to upgarde my transport....

So I am thinking of getting the 2003 Giant TCR Aero 2. Its going for 800 + shipping. I was wondering if anyone has used this bike. How good is it? Is there a better choice than this one given the price?

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    All the caution and advice on fit you collected with your earlier thread starter Need help before I buy this bike... applies to this bike as well. So, again: good bike if it fits.

There could be a small complication: Giant's aero seatposts used to come (perhaps still do?) in several lengths to fit a particular rider, so there's not much up-or-down leeway. If the bike you're looking at has one of those rider-specific aero seatpost, make sure it can be adjusted to your cycling inseam as well. An alternative would be to exchange the Giant aero seat post for a standard post.
    Last edited by wim; 01-18-2006 at 10:11 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

thanks

Thanks- I am planning to go to a local bike shop and try this bike out since I am ordering the actual one online.

height aside, how is this Giant TCR Aero 2?

Another thing- should I get pedals with clips (which I have never used)? Won't these be dangerous considering the fact that for some part of my ride I will have to stop at traffic signals?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Details on TCR Aero 2

Here is some detail on TCR aero 2 specs. How do you think this compares to Giant OCR2? Is there any other bike that I should consider in this price range (800$)? Thank you.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/030...003&model=9678
    http://www.roadbikereview.com/mfr/gi...2_5668crx.aspx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Any ideas on an intermediate level road bike?

other than Giant TCR Aero 2 - does anyone have any better suggestions for less than 1000$?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006

Tiagra versus ultegra

Does it matter that this bike has tiagra and not ultegra? What is the difference between the two?

Thanks
    http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/030....03&model=10654

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Consider strongly going to a bike shop and buying a bike which fits you. Most likely, someone there will also be willing and able to answer all your questions before, during and after the purchase.

Another thing- should I get pedals with clips (which I have never used)? Won't these be dangerous considering the fact that for some part of my ride I will have to stop at traffic signals?
    Get clipless, but practice unclipping before leaving the house! Newspaper clipping below was sent to me a few years ago. ;)
    Last edited by wim; 01-20-2006 at 03:32 AM.

gastarbeiter
    LMAO!

Get clipless, but practice unclipping before leaving the house! Newspaper clipping below was sent to me a few years ago. ;)[/QUOTE]

Soul Mining
    Quote Originally Posted by wim
    Get clipless, but practice unclipping before leaving the house! Newspaper clipping below was sent to me a few years ago. ;)
    At the very least the guy could have pulled his foot out of his cycling shoe. Are people really that stupid?

Cycling 4 Life
    lmfao

is that article for real???