RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

2005 Ridley Damocles frame vs 200x Deda Scuro HCR frame

I havent posted very much because I wasnt a big road biker before, but am starting to get into it now from XC - please be kind!

Anyway, I currently have a 2009 Kona King Zing, which is a rebadged Deda Scuro HCR frame. I dont know what year the Scuro HCR frame is actually from. Ive also got a used 2005 Ridley Damocles frame that Im thinking about moving to.

I know that the Damocles was Ridley's top of the line bike in 2005, but Ive also read about some failures near the headtube as well as some pros of that time not being very pleased with the bike. Im much more concerned about these failures, and know that I wont ride the frame nearly as hard as pros do. The frame is also fairly old - not sure how much difference that will make.

Should I keep the current Scuro HCR/King Zing frame or should I switch over to the 05 Damocles? The labour for the switch and cost of cables, etc. is a non issue. Im interested in performace/frame characteristics only!

Thanks!
    Last edited by wushudrew; 10-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Bump. Anyone have any comments on the 05 Damocles? Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Build up the Damocles and see how you like it.

If you don't like, it, build up the Scuro again... :-)

If you do it yourself it will be good practice in any case. You can build a bike on a rainy Sunday afternoon if you have everything you need to hand.