RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011

2011 Orbea Aqua T105 or 2010 Avanti Cadent 1.0

Hey guys,

I have narrowed down my choice to these two: the 2011 Orbea Aqua T105 and the 2010 Avanti Cadent 1.0.

I can get both for $1800 with the major difference being that the cadent has a carbon frame but slightly lowers specs (brakes and wheels) whereas the Orbea has full 105 and MAVIC AKSIUM wheels.

I should also add that I am unlikely to bother upgrading components down the track.

I read that the Cadent is a relaxed geometry bike and this turned me off for some reason. This bike will be replacing my old banger which I use for a 20km commute to and from work each day and the occasional triathlon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2004
    I have an Aqua and while I wouldn't consider it a "relaxed" geometry frame it is quite comfortable and not an especially aggressive design. I'm no Orbea expert but I think that's a characteristic of most Orbea frames. If it was me I'd go with the better components, full 105 on any Orbea frame will get you a damn nice bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    As I am sure you've read a thousand times: You really need to test ride each bike to get a true feel how each one fits you. If you have and you're still torn (each one fits well but now you're just deciding over frame material and make), I would have to agree with CBar, 105 is a solid groupo and an Orbea, well it's an Obea - enough said! Good luck.