RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

2011 Scott Addict R3

Hello everyone! Just getting into riding, I initially bought a hybrid because I didnít know which way I wanted to go MTB or Road. After riding a 60 mile ride with a group (mostly roadies) I quickly realized that this was fun and I was no match for them and their light bikes. After a short debate on getting a Road Bike, here it is!!! Iím very excited, itís a 2011 Scott Addict R3 Ė very light!!! Makes my Hybrid feel like a tankÖ

I have to find some pedals and shoes but I have no clue on styleÖ any suggestions? I also have a computer coming w/cadence next week, I canít wait to get out and ride! I will admit that I have always been skeptical of the tight road bike clothes but I guess I will go all in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Scott Addict R3-2011-scott-addict-r3.jpg  

Rollin' Stones
    AWESOME!! Have fun!!
    I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    How are you liking the scott?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Sorry for the late repl.

I am having a good time on it so far... I was scared for a minute because I was getting numb while I was riding... I took the last 2 weeks off (I had to attend a graduation) but while I was out I purchased more toys! Got a specialized Romin evo saddle w/cutout (hopefully it fixes the numbness issue), I went with SPD pedals, and specialized entry level road shoes, and a good pair of shorts. I did a short test today and it seems to work so far, tomorrow I will do a long ride.

What are you riding?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    how does the frames stack up? where does addict RC fall in the R ranges.