Callowam
    Aug 2014

2013 Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod: Deal or no deal?

Strolled into a LBS today and saw a 2013 Supersix Evo Hi-mod frameset collecting dust. Somehow, it's a brand new frame with absolutely no cosmetic or structural damage. They quoted me $1k for the frameset. I'm currently riding 2014 Pinarello Rahza K, which is a bit heavy and labeled more as an endurance frame - I'm looking for an upgrade and something with a racier DNA.

My questions:
    1) how different is a 2013 from the 2016 update? I know all the manufacture claims of improved aero, compliance (smaller seatpost, different fork), increase BB stiffness, lower weight, etc. but are the differences that noticeable? I rode a 2018 Supersix Evo (no hi-mod), but don't have a comparison of the previous version.
    2) how fair is $1k for the frameset?

Good deal?

They also have a 2016 Orbea Orca OMR framset for $1200. I don't know much about the Orbea, but would welcome any input about either frame (or deal).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sorry for not responding sooner. However, your bike weight isn't due to your frameset as much as it is due to your components. The Evo Hi Mod is an excellent frame and while I'm sure it is lighter than the Rahza K frameset, swapping over your components won't help much in the weight department. Your bike likely weighed about 19 lb range. That's a lot for an Ultegra equipped bike- and slightly on the heavy side for a 105-equipped aluminum bike. Wanna lose some serious weight on the bike? Wheels/tires/ tubes will make the biggest difference. The wheels your bike came with are heavy!! A set of Shimano RS80s or Rs81s would do wonders. I'd save the money, go with the RS80s, or even better, American Classic Sprint 350s (depending on how much you weigh). As for frameset, I'd go with the Evo Hi Mod frameset if you still want to change. That frame was almost $3K in $2013. You could buy a used 2013 for this price, but you found a new Evo Hi-Mod frameset (with a warranty?)for that money.
    Last edited by terbennett; 05-22-2018 at 11:36 AM.