RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018

2016 Fuji roubaix OR 2011 Specialized roubaix sl2 elite

I have the chance to buy either one of these bikes. The specialized is 100 usd more. I see benefits and drawbacks to both, any board members have any advice?
    specialized
    or
    fuji roubaix

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Can you list what the benefits and drawbacks are for you? What may be good for you may be a deal breaker for the rest of us. For example, I prefer carbon over aluminum and I prefer the shifting of shimano over sram, therefore, neither bike appeals to me personally. I assume both bikes are used. What's the condition of the frames and components of each? Do they both fit you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2018
    I like that the Fuji is lighter, even though aluminum. I like the Fuji has 105. I like the gearing on the specialized, and the value it holds when I sell it again. The Fuji is new, unused 2016. The specialized is very good, some chips to finish. I just can't decide, but because the Fuji is newer, I am leaning in that direction...

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    The Specialized Roubaix is a very nice frame. If you are going to purchase a used bike I recommend having a LBS inspect it before buying.

I am going to assume you have ridden both bikes and you like them both.

With the Fuji you get a new bike with warranty and maybe a service contract and maybe a free (or cheap) fitting. These are worth something. Also, you mentioned you like the gearing on the Specialized. Maybe ask the LBS to change the Fuji gearing to match the Specialized (even if there is a small up-charge). The 52/36 front rings can easily be changed to 50/34 rings and the 11-28 cassette and short cage RD can be swapped to a 11-32 cassette and longer RD.