RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

? about giant tcr eBay sale

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684

Anyone see any reflags with these bikes? Possible rental fleet given the numbers on the bikes? I emailed the seller (bicycle bluebook) and they said the bikes were from a trade in partner. They did not say if they were rentals or not. They also said the bike you are buying is the bike in the pic with stock parts despite the disclaimer, however, it appears these bikes are of different sizes despite all the adds stating size M. Anyone have any insight?

Edit: Found this below with the numbers on the seat tube. Maybe demo fleet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ? about giant tcr eBay sale-maxresdefault.jpg  
    Last edited by jcdoc107; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:32 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yep, I would say a huge red flag - I wouldn't touch a bike that has the disclaimer "Actual bicycle and related components may vary from images shown. This includes, but is not limited to, bottle cages, pedals, seat bags, and computers. BicycleBlueBook does not guarantee the accuracy of the photos and they should be used for reference only" You have know idea what kind of condition the bike is you are buying or how it was treated with that statement - if he had actual pictures of the bike you are buying at least you have some clue. The seller does have a decent rating, but still.....
    Moderation is boring - do epic s##t

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    The link you included is a search result for "Giant TCR" and doesn't include the one in your photo.

If that disclamer Srode saw is part of it, don't walk, run away from this vendor and don't look back.

If it sounds too good to be true........
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Bicycle blue book were selling bikes last year, but I hadn't seen them in a while and assumed that they were out of the eBay game. Their ads that I saw then looked legit and their prices were lower than standard market then, so I assumed they were really low balling the people they bought their bikes from.

In the case you mention I would get them to tell you the details of the bike you want, with pics if possible and if they can't then move on. I base my buying prices on the risk - sketchy pics, few details, then I pay a really lowball price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    The link you included is a search result for "Giant TCR" and doesn't include the one in your photo.
    The bike in the photo is from a video I found online from someone demoing the bike at the Sea Otter Classic. It has the same style letter/numbering on the seat tube so thought maybe the bikes came from the Giant demo fleet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    looks to be gone altogether now. your link returns this for me
    0 results found for giant tcr
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM