RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Question Alpha Q GS40 vs GS10 vs. EDGE 2.0 vs. 3T Funda

who has some comparison ?

especially gs10 vs gs40.. had the gs10, was nice but not very comfy.

monkey with flamethrower
    Never ridden the Alpha or the 3T but I can say that the Edge fork is amazing. A bit spendy but quite possibly the best out there.
    Chances are, I posted this drunk.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon
    who has some comparison ?

especially gs10 vs gs40.. had the gs10, was nice but not very comfy.
    A longtime user of Alpha forks on WW (temple Bikes owner) says the Edge forks are the best he ever rode.

Edge is owned by former Reynolds eng who decided that Rerynolds was not moving foward enough. So they became Edge Composites.

I am getting one for my ride very soon. If you need more Edge info, let me know via PM or e-mail.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

Rocket Scientist
    I've ridden all of them except for the Funda and the Edge is the best one among those I've ridden. I have been riding/racing on them since January and they are really top notch, both in stiffness and feel. The other thing is that most of the weight is in the steerer which does means that if you ride a smaller head tube, you get a significantly lighter fork. The other thing is that all of the guys I know who have taller frames ( 20cm HT and up) that have switched to the Edge, are blown away by how much more stable their bikes are from the forks they've come off of, which were the Reynolds and the 3t Funda respectively. I only have a 13cm HT so I can't comment on any of that personally.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa23
    I've ridden all of them except for the Funda and the Edge is the best one among those I've ridden. I have been riding/racing on them since January and they are really top notch, both in stiffness and feel. The other thing is that most of the weight is in the steerer which does means that if you ride a smaller head tube, you get a significantly lighter fork. The other thing is that all of the guys I know who have taller frames ( 20cm HT and up) that have switched to the Edge, are blown away by how much more stable their bikes are from the forks they've come off of, which were the Reynolds and the 3t Funda respectively. I only have a 13cm HT so I can't comment on any of that personally.
    hmm the edge (2.0 i guess?) is stiffer than a gs40 /gs10 ???

RoadBikeReview Member
    yep. It's stiffer. take a look at fairwheelbikes.com forums and look for Madcow's review. It will answer alot of questions.

The 1.0 isn't available yet - but when it is it will be around 50g lighter and (supposedly) not give away any stiffness...i'm saving up my bikkies!
    Derek Zoolander - "I'm not an ambi-turner"

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon
    hmm the edge (2.0 i guess?) is stiffer than a gs40 /gs10 ???

Stiffer, and a little better ride as well. Kind of hard to describe but you would notice it if you're getting off a gs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Question

anyone comparison with RITCHEY UD WCS /pro ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    neither one appears to be available in 1"?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Question

anyone can compare in terms of comfort...:

GS40 vs. road edge 2.0 ?

please help!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think stiffness is more important in a fork than comfort. Comfort would be more determined by a longer rake.

The last thing you want on a 50mph twisting descent is to be understeering as your fork is too flexy - whoops - i mean comfortable
    Derek Zoolander - "I'm not an ambi-turner"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by haydos
    I think stiffness is more important in a fork than comfort. Comfort would be more determined by a longer rake.

The last thing you want on a 50mph twisting descent is to be understeering as your fork is too flexy - whoops - i mean comfortable
    nah.
    i tested quite a lot
    -look hsc5: very stiff but very hard ride
    -funda 3t pro, softer ride, but less stiff. too flexy
    -gs10: nice stiff ride, great comrpmise
    -scott cr1: harsh ride, heavy.

-i am gettin my edge 2.0 soon.
    -gs40: nice form, so i am interested vs gs10/edge 2.0, if i should buy it or not

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been on an Easton EC90 SLX for about a year and changed to an Edge 2.0 last month. Holy cripes! What an upgrade! The handling feels more confidence inspiring tighter and the stiffness is unreal! I seriously did not know that a fork could make that much of a difference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tyro
    I've been on an Easton EC90 SLX for about a year and changed to an Edge 2.0 last month. Holy cripes! What an upgrade! The handling feels more confidence inspiring tighter and the stiffness is unreal! I seriously did not know that a fork could make that much of a difference.
    That's why you should've been on an EC90SL to begin with.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    i rode the 3t funda. too flexy in line and laterally.
    g10 is too harsh, no comfort. bad looking in my op.
    the 2.0 edge is nice, but too slim looking. got a big downtube here.

so at last, i want to test the gs40 - who can tell the difference to the 3 mentioned ones?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008

Alpha Q bankrupt?

Where is Alpha Q? Their website and True Tempers both are reported down or with malware (don't try to visit). Are they going to be around in the future? I'm particularly interested in the GS10 and GS40 models.
    metrotuned single speed rider. 92510 Wheels of Steel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    Where is Alpha Q? Their website and True Tempers both are reported down or with malware (don't try to visit). Are they going to be around in the future? I'm particularly interested in the GS10 and GS40 models.
    they re dead, bc no one bought the forks.
    the whole carbon section = bancrupt.
    got the info right from my dealer. i am lucky, i still have a gs40, which is the best fork i had yet (edge 2.0, look hscs, funda)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Speaking of carbon fork comparisons, has anyone tried the Dedacciai Black Magic forks currently selling cheap on Ebay?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    @dualpivot: they're selling cheap at multiple sites +/- $100. They're carbon steerer but they're not monocoque because I see metal dropouts. And what year did those come out?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    If you're looking at Deda, consider Deda Blackfin.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    @dualpivot: they're selling cheap at multiple sites +/- $100. They're carbon steerer but they're not monocoque because I see metal dropouts. And what year did those come out?
    I don't know how old they are, a few years I guess. They seem to have been replaced in the Deda lineup by maybe the Black Fin. The few comments I've seen about the Black Magic on the internets were positive. And the price is right...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    @dualpivot: I uncovered a piece on Deda Black Magic and it was like a horror story I heard same as Ritchey WCS's on ebay from Taiwan ... I assume they're along the same lines as unsupported or factory rejects or unauthorized basically. This was a response from Deda's customer support from the forum SOURCE: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/fo...c.php?p=484976

"It is fake.

yes it is, head set : Hiddensed Campy 45 x 41,8mm.

The Black Magic one is run out of our range since 3 years and it is not the one in the picture."