Crash Test Dummy
    Aug 2012

Anyone have input on the Diamondback Podium 2??

I currently ride a tri-setup and have been thinking of getting a lower end road bike. I came across an add on JensonUSA for this Diamondback Podium 2 and wanted some feedback as to wether or not this is a good buy. They have it on sale for 524.95 with free shipping. It has Tiagra Components.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Looks like a pretty nice package, and short money for a mostly-Tiagra group. I'm not familiar with those rims, but they're probably nothing to write home about. You could put the money you save over buying something a little more, uh, "prestigious" towards a set of mid-level rims.

I would, however, check into DB's reputation on warranty issues before buying. They are trying to raise their image above the box store special reputation they've had for awhile. I think they're owned by the same parent company as Cervelo now??

RoadBikeReview Member
    My experience with Diamondback is this: I bought a DB hybrid in July and the suspension fork failed after about 350 miles. Diamondback had the LBS replace the fork in one day with an aftermarket fork that retailed for about a third of what I paid for the bike. I would call that standing behind their product.