RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012

Anyone know about these new NISHIKI carbon road bikes? is this one legit?

I am looking at picking up a bike and have found something I like and started doing a bit of googleing, and found very little.

Does anybody no anything about this bike?

Frame says Nishiki, Tour (I think)
    Full Carbon and has a mix of Shimano 105 and Ultegra parts

I have found the nishiki website. But the bike logos on there are completely different....

Help me... I know very little about these bikes.

Thanks alot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone know about these new NISHIKI carbon road bikes? is this one legit?-nishiki-tour.jpg   Anyone know about these new NISHIKI carbon road bikes? is this one legit?-nish.jpg   Anyone know about these new NISHIKI carbon road bikes? is this one legit?-nisha.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why not ask the owner about it? If they cannot give you more details, you should be wary.
    Specialized Allez Comp Apex- '12 56cm
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro- '12 56cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    I Would like to go there with some info. So if he does tell me stuff about it I know he isnt spinning me a story. Especially since I cant find anything online.

Quote Originally Posted by quickbiker View Post
    I Would like to go there with some info. So if he does tell me stuff about it I know he isnt spinning me a story. Especially since I cant find anything online.
    Nishiki in the US is the cheap crap bike line for Dick's. Why in the world would someone "spin a story" about a junk bike?
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    Nishiki in the US is the cheap crap bike line for Dick's. Why in the world would someone "spin a story" about a junk bike?
    I dont no buddy, Im asking you here because I cant find the bike online or on the nishiki site. I know nothing about it and am asking for some info.....

if somone could just send me a link to this bike somewhere online that would be sensational..

cheers gents

I dont no buddy, Im asking you here because I cant find the bike online or on the nishiki site. I know nothing about it and am asking for some info.....

if somone could just send me a link to this bike somewhere online that would be sensational..

cheers gents
    All I can tell you is that it's a few years old based on the components. Maybe 2007ish.

I'm not sure if Oz and the US had the same Nishikis then. Could be direct from Indonesia...
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    All I can tell you is that it's a few years old based on the components. Maybe 2007ish.

I'm not sure if Oz and the US had the same Nishikis then. Could be direct from Indonesia...
    Ohh and i should have added it says only 2 years old. So you would question that?

is the 105 and Ultegra combo a good thing? they seem to be fairly good haha....

thanks for the help man, appreciate it.

(recovering from 2 broken legs, this is going to be my rehab)

Burnum Upus Quadricepus
    It's my understanding it's a Nishiki only if it can be converted into a "sweet fixie".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    haha thanks mate.

Going to go have a look at this thing in a couple of days. Anyone else got any info on it at all?

ps price is $950 (in australia) If your saying there cheaper bikes Im thinking around the $750 mark could be a little nicer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    opps... how do i delete this one..
    Last edited by quickbiker; 12-11-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: double up

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    anyone with actual answers or help haha??

RoadBikeReview Member
    So, it's a bike you can't find any info about online, even on the manufacturer's site. Graphics on the frame don't look like what you can find on the website either. Someone here says components look to be maybe 5 years old but owner says it's only 2 years old.

And you ask if anyone has "actual answers." Seems pretty clear to me...

Hold on I'm watching this
    Poke around this site, link:

Competition | Nishiki polkupyörät

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jswilson64 View Post
    So, it's a bike you can't find any info about online, even on the manufacturer's site. Graphics on the frame don't look like what you can find on the website either. Someone here says components look to be maybe 5 years old but owner says it's only 2 years old.

And you ask if anyone has "actual answers." Seems pretty clear to me...
    the help with actual answers call was maybe because 2 people posted spam(got deleted im guessing) it wasnt aimed at the guys that had already posted at all.

@Squrkey
    Cheers mate, ill have a looksee

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ah, I didn't see the spam.

Seems pretty sketchy to me, at least as to being what it's represented as being.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Yeh It does seem a little sketchy only because I cant find anything online about it. I dont see why someone would sell a fake nishiki tho?? its not like there crazy expensive bikes or anything special. You would think they would copy high end bikes....

I think I could just be worry because I cant find what i want online. You(I) can always find what you want to answer your questions online.... But this has me stumped!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    I remember here in Oz that Nishiki bikes were sold at Rebel Sports stores....I think that says it all.

Mad-one...
    haha thanks mate.

Going to go have a look at this thing in a couple of days. Anyone else got any info on it at all?

ps price is $950 (in australia) If your saying there cheaper bikes Im thinking around the $750 mark could be a little nicer.
    A mate just bought a Trek Madone 5.9 for $1100 (2007 model), and I got a Cérvelo R3 CSC for $1000 (also 2007). Take your time and look around for a while. No need to buy junk if you are patient. P.S. I'm in Sydney...
    There is NO rehearsal - this is the real thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Cheers for the replies guys.

Rebel sport enough said, just going to keeping sussing out the classifieds