RoadBikeReview Member

apples or oranges? FC100 or Le Champion Ti?

Which would you go for? The carbon Neuvation FC100 or the titanium Motobecane Le Champion Ti Heat?

Assume Sram Rival, stock components either way, and that all stickers/decals with either be removed or covered up with something nicer.

http://www.neuvationcycling.com/product144.html
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...heat_rival.htm

Here they are with different components/wheels, but just to give a visual.

Last edited by RyanDFL; 07-31-2010 at 07:25 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Titanium

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    I bought the F-100 in april 09 but was never really comfortable on it-I just bought the Ti/Rival bike you mention and like it a lot-the guy I ride with bought the FC-100 and likes it-if you want a really nice riding/handling bike get the Ti -if weight is all important get the FC-100,as the frame is lighter and the wheels are much lighter.Here in California the BD bike is much cheaper as you must pay tax and shipping on the Neuvation.Maybe you could do what I did and use Neuvation wheels-light,strong,cheap on the Ti bike-I also used a Ti DA 11-23 cassette and knocked off nearly a pound.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp.1
    I bought the F-100 in april 09 but was never really comfortable on it-I just bought the Ti/Rival bike you mention and like it a lot-the guy I ride with bought the FC-100 and likes it-if you want a really nice riding/handling bike get the Ti -if weight is all important get the FC-100,as the frame is lighter and the wheels are much lighter.Here in California the BD bike is much cheaper as you must pay tax and shipping on the Neuvation.Maybe you could do what I did and use Neuvation wheels-light,strong,cheap on the Ti bike-I also used a Ti DA 11-23 cassette and knocked off nearly a pound.
    Man that is one qualified response. Thanks for the input. So the Le Champion Ti rides well?