Thread: Basso Zero 9

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Basso Zero 9

I bought this frame and had it set up with an ultegra grupppo and high end Mavic wheelsets. I am enjoying this bike quite a bit. Anyone have any input on this bike?

thanks

Moderatus Puisne
    That you're enjoying it, and that's good!

Throw us some pics!

If I recall right, that's an overseas-built aluminum frame. QBP had a bunch of 'em a while back and cleared them out, I think performance got a lot of them. So, a lot of people got nice bikes at very good deals...

cycling as lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by paul fuhr
    I bought this frame and had it set up with an ultegra grupppo and high end Mavic wheelsets. I am enjoying this bike quite a bit. Anyone have any input on this bike?

thanks
    Ok, here's input for you. For starters, it's Basso Zer0.9 (as in 0.9, as in under a second, as in fast) and is made by a company in Vicenza that has no affiliation to Ivan Basso but rather Marino Basso, a 1972 world champion. This model belongs to higher end in their bike line-up, above it are Diamante and Laguna. It rides very nicely and has a fine balance between torsional rigidity and comfort. I've owned mine for 3 years now. It came undamaged after a recent crash I had when I flew off the road at 45 km/h, so I dare say its build quality and strength is above average. Take a look at http://www.basso-bikes.com.

Enjoy it and do post some pics.

Ned

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Basso seems to be totally under the radar these days in the US; I don't think they have had a distributor here for a few years. I have the Reef, which is pretty much the same as the Zer0.9 but without the carbon chainstays, and it has been a great bike.