*puff*
    Aug 2006

Beyond Fabrications | BeyondFab Owners...

Well...do ANY of you own a BeyondFab? I've been trying to research these frames and it has been down right impossible to find any owners or reviews of this frame.

I met the owner and checked out his frames yesterday during Stage 3 of the Amgen tour but I did not get a chance to test ride the bike. He made me an offer I don't think I can refuse, so I'm looking for reviews of the Radius Road Bike specifically, but I'd like to see what other BeyondFab owners have to say.

The only quasi-useful thread on here is this one:
    Beyond Fabrications...Beyond obtainable?

The frames are grogeous, and they build up nice. The are also a local builder and business. Their site is here: http://www.beyondfab.com

Thanks.

eminence grease
    Don't think I've ever seen a single posting here of someone who actually rides one.

Might try bikeforums.net and the Serotta forum although I'm not sure I;ve seen any actual users there either.

I think they're a bit on the pricey side for a non-custom carbon frame/fork by a largely unknown seller.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com

*puff*
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by terry b
    Don't think I've ever seen a single posting here of someone who actually rides one.

Might try bikeforums.net and the Serotta forum although I'm not sure I;ve seen any actual users there either.

I think they're a bit on the pricey side for a non-custom carbon frame/fork by a largely unknown seller.
    They sell only about 400 bikes per year, and although I've seen pictures of them I've yet to see one on the road. I'm wondering if he is willing to spray it white...but we'll see.

For the price I am offered...it undercut everything else I am currently looking at (including that 595 you picked up...that bike is so gorgeous it's just unfair)

from yesterday:

not sure why...but the pictures upload into that viewer 'grainy and distorted' for some reason.

eminence grease
    Yea, his prices are well below that 595 even without the deal you're getting, which made me think twice about my "custom" comment. Not bad, just high for an unknown brand.

Does he make them himself or are they coming out of one of the Taiwan MFGRs? Not that country of origin matters, I'm just curious. He seems to have picked a price niche well above many of the bigger brands that use Taiwan - Giant, Pinarello - but below full custom - Calfee Crumpton, Parlee - and still below some of the fancier brands that still build their own frames - Colnago, Look.

First time I saw one, I was pretty impressed - nice looking bike. And I'm always in the market for an unknown.
    You'd be better off with a netbook, they do everything better.

My travel blog: http://tbaroundtheworld.blogspot.com