RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Bianchi C2C Carbon Ultregra Triple vs. Specialized Roubaix Expert Compact w/Rival

Any suggestions regarding the performance of either bike along with recommendations regarding either one or another comparable bike would be appreciated.

Ride The Lightning
    Apr 2007
    I have the C2C Ultegra Compact and I've ridden the Roubaix w/ 105 as a comparison prior to making my decision. Both are great bikes and you honestly can't go wrong with either.

I preferred the C2C because:
    1. It was a more attractive bike
    2. For me, it was the more comfortable ride, more lax geometry
    3. But I did notice the Roubaix had more sprightly handling in the turns, however, since I expected to ride mostly straight with very few high speed turns, it was a non-issue as I also have a Gunnar Roadie for more aggressive riding
    4. And, I thought it was cool to have a sticker that said "handmade in Italy", because I've always wanted a Bianchi

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

c2c

If you ride them and it's all the same to you (including price), I would say buy the one where you feel better about the shop, the fit they will do for you, and the service you perceive.

I'm also partial to the Bianchi because of its looks. Additionally, you can get the C2C in a compact or triple, whichever you prefer. Good luck and enjoy your new bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    It sounds bad, but how a bike looks is VERY important to me. I've always liked the Bianchi green.