RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Bianchi Vigorelli 2012 vs. 2007

So i'm looking into buying the new Bianchi Vigorelli.. Could you guys help me out deciding which one? I have an offer for a 2007.

2012:
    Vigorelli | Bianchi USA

2007:
    Vigorelli | Bianchi USA

Which one is better? Which one offers better component set?

Don't worry about the price difference.. I'm interested to know about the quality of the different component set.

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Ten posts in a row so you could put this up?

Do you like Apex or Ultegra better? Some people don't really care, but a lot of people find they do. Frames are about the same.

bikepedia.com can compare bikes side-by-side if you want to look in more detail.

World's 1st Anal-rapist
    Three things:

1.) Make sure it fits.
    2.) IMHO, I would go for the Apex.
    3.) Most important, I firmly believe you should NEVER, EVER buy a Bianchi in anything other than Celeste.

Good luck on your purchase.
    Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth? Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Hi AndrwSwitch, Yes, that was the only way.. I don't understand much about bikes, yet, but I'm learning it, researching, and would like to hear opinions from the guys here cos you guys are a pro, compared to me. I don't know about Apex or Ultegra, have no idea which one is better, but I believe one is compact crack, the other is regular, and i've researched that the compact is better. But I've researched different opinions (that Ultegra is better), so which one is better in your opinion? Thanks!

Magsdad, I also agree with you on point #3 hehehe, thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    I'd go with the 2012, better color IMO, higher resale value, and I prefer the function/aesthetics of SRAM (ergonomics, doubletap shifts, adjustable reach, cable routing) over Shimano's previous generation.
    Last edited by jazzbolicious; 05-18-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: sentence structure

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiocanada View Post
    Hi AndrwSwitch, Yes, that was the only way.. I don't understand much about bikes, yet, but I'm learning it, researching, and would like to hear opinions from the guys here cos you guys are a pro, compared to me. I don't know about Apex or Ultegra, have no idea which one is better, but I believe one is compact crack, the other is regular, and i've researched that the compact is better. But I've researched different opinions (that Ultegra is better), so which one is better in your opinion? Thanks!

Magsdad, I also agree with you on point #3 hehehe, thanks!
    In terms of quality, both are pretty much the same. You'll be happy with either one. It comes to preferences of components, but there is no significant difference between them in performance. If they fit, I'd get the cheaper one. Performance-wise, you'll feel no difference. In terms of aesthetics, I like the newer one. Id price is similar, but the one that you like the most.

If you are buying from a shop, make sure that they measure, explain how a bike should be fitted, let you ride it and show patience. anytime you buy a bike from a bike shop, they need to take the time to show you how you should fit, etc. If they don't do that, the bike shop is crap.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiocanada View Post
    Which one is better? Which one offers better component set?
    Don't worry about the price difference.. I'm interested to know about the quality of the different component set.
    Neither is better. They're virtually the same. Someone who is a SRAM fan will say SRAM is better. And vice versa for the Shimano.
    Quality wise there's no difference. Function wise they'll operate a little differently. Ride them both and pick which you like better.

I assume these are both new bikes?
    If it were me, I'd go for the 2007 because that should be sold for a great deal being a few years old.

If money weren't an issue (which I can't see how it's not) I'd go for the 2012. It's a better looking bike and has latest technology.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    The 2012 is better looking. What I dont like about that Apex group is 11-32 cassette. That is way to large of a gap in gearing. With compact 34/50 and a 12-27 is pretty good up to an 8% grade and a 40mph down hill. Save that 11-32 for a MTB.

If the 2007 price is around $1000 because its 5 years old then that gives the Red one the edge.
    Last edited by jtompilot; 05-19-2012 at 04:11 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Compact vs. standard cranks are all about how you're using the bike. For "mere mortals" I think standard cranks are a little big for everything but maybe criteriums and flat road races. It's worth note that a compact crank will accept a 53 and 39t ring (or any other size, just about) if you want it to, while a standard crank can't accept smaller than a 38t ring. So if you got a compact and wanted a higher top end or closer spacing between the two rings, it's totally doable. If you got a standard and wanted a lower granny, you'd have to do it by getting a different cassette.

Cassettes are all about how you're using the bike. Although I agree that the steps in a 11-32 are starting to get pretty big for road riding. I have a 12-27 on one bike and like it a lot. It's paired with a triple. I have an 11-25 or 11-23 on another bike, with a compact, and I suspect that I'd miss my low ratios on an extended climb, but I've got enough for all the climbs I actually run into on that bike.

OP, how are you planning to use the bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Andrw, I understand what your saying about compact. Both of the bikes the OP is considering both have compact. I was just saying the 11-32 has large spacing for most road biking. The 32 cog, with a 34 compact ring, might be good for Alps. French, Swiss, or Italian, take your pick.

However its easy to replace the cassette.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the answer guys!

Does it make any difference if I say that the wheels for the Bianchi 2007 is Xero XSR-3Lite? and the other is the original one.

Is the Xero wheels an improvement from the Reparto Corse 5.1 or the other way around?

Thanks again for the answers! I appreciate!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Try the reviews.

The Xeros are cheap wheels with flashy stickers. They OEM on a light of bikes, in a lot of pricepoints. One of my friends replaced his for as long as his warranty kept giving him new ones, that put some more conservative wheels on as soon as he had to pay for them with his own money.

The Reparto Corses look like they're missing a few spokes. I'll grudgingly accept that wheels with low spoke counts have some utility for racers, on race days, but they're pretty stupid the other 345 or so days in the year.

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    The Reparto Corses look like they're missing a few spokes. I'll grudgingly accept that wheels with low spoke counts have some utility for racers, on race days, but they're pretty stupid the other 345 or so days in the year.
    Those wheels may be missing some spokes, but they make up for it in weight: 2,000+ grams for these Madduxes badged "Reparto Corse." So even on race day, they're not that hot on account of them being a bit porky. The "Reparto Corse" moniker has become meaningless.

/w
    Last edited by wim; 06-05-2012 at 03:24 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    ^^^
    Oh, snap!

I need to pull some lycra on and go ride around on my bike with 32 spokes on each wheel. I realize that's not specific because it's 80% of my bikes.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Ahhh, the ol SRAM vs Shimano dilemma. Well, there's one Vigorelli out there that definitively solves this debate. It's wearing Campy. But probably not what you think...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    2012 all the way

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bach927 View Post
    2012 all the way
    The 2007 is for $900, is it a fair price if it's in a good condition?

EDIT: I just read jtompilot post, so $900 is a good price. Thanks!!
    Last edited by fabiocanada; 06-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
    The 2012 is better looking. What I dont like about that Apex group is 11-32 cassette. That is way to large of a gap in gearing. With compact 34/50 and a 12-27 is pretty good up to an 8% grade and a 40mph down hill. Save that 11-32 for a MTB.

If the 2007 price is around $1000 because its 5 years old then that gives the Red one the edge.
    The 2007 is for $900, so i guess it's worth it! Thanks!!