View Poll Results: Which bike would you recommend?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airen 2

0 0%
  • Airen 4 Carbon

2 100.00%
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018

Which bike would you choose between these two and why?

Airen 4 Carbon:

https://aventuron.com/products/diamo...xoCoSIQAvD_BwE

Airen 2:

https://aventuron.com/products/diamondback-airen-2

I want to buy a good value bike that has components that will last me many years. I like to ride 20 miles for exercise several times a week, while looking at scenery. I ride on pavement, but the roads aren't great where I live. I don't currently ride with a group but would like to someday.

Thanks!!

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Both are fine bikes for what you're looking for.

It's a close call between the two. The Airen 2 has an aluminum frame but has a little better components.
    The Airen 4 has a carbon frame and the components are 1 step down but are perfectly fine, it weighs almost 2lbs less.

I suggest riding them both and seeing which you like better. I wouldn't hesitate on buying either.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    As TLG stated, they both seem like nice bikes. Unfortunately they seem to be mail order bikes so I recommend getting sized somewhere before ordering one. For me personally, I would pay the extra $110 to have the carbon frame with 5800 components rather than aluminum with 6800 components. For me the frame is the heart of a bicycle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ngl View Post
    As TLG stated, they both seem like nice bikes. Unfortunately they seem to be mail order bikes so I recommend getting sized somewhere before ordering one. For me personally, I would pay the extra $110 to have the carbon frame with 5800 components rather than aluminum with 6800 components.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm buying it from performance bicycle, which is local for me, so I'll get to have it fitted to me. I've been to multiple shops and all say a 54cm bike fits me best, I've got a 31.5" inseam. Also, I'm sure I can test ride both, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to draw any conclusions from a 20 min ride on each, so hoping to get some opinions from those that have more experience than I do.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kinchi View Post
    Airen 4 Carbon:

https://aventuron.com/products/diamo...xoCoSIQAvD_BwE

Airen 2:

https://aventuron.com/products/diamondback-airen-2

I want to buy a good value bike that has components that will last me many years. I like to ride 20 miles for exercise several times a week, while looking at scenery. I ride on pavement, but the roads aren't great where I live. I don't currently ride with a group but would like to someday.

Thanks!!
    I'd take the carbon framed bike, its lighter by 2lbs and more comfortable. Btw, that shops price ont he Airen 4 is pretty good, beats Diamondback's corporate discount. However DB is promoting their Father's Day sale with a 10% coupon, with the corp discount, the Airen 4 is a few bucks cheaper direct thru DB, and if you're lucky there's no tax and free ship.

ngl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm buying it from performance bicycle, which is local for me, so I'll get to have it fitted to me. I've been to multiple shops and all say a 54cm bike fits me best, I've got a 31.5" inseam. Also, I'm sure I can test ride both, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to draw any conclusions from a 20 min ride on each, so hoping to get some opinions from those that have more experience than I do.
    It may be hard to draw any conclusions with a short ride but, try to pay attention to ride quality above all else. You will notice very little determinable difference in shifting between 6800 and 5800 if they are set-up properly and you can always change out a seat. Even if you remove the carbon vs aluminum debate (some people are pro carbon and some people are pro aluminum) I would gladly pay $110 for the 1.9 pound (850 gram) lighter bike with all else being pretty much equal.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    I'd take the carbon framed bike, its lighter by 2lbs and more comfortable. Btw, that shops price ont he Airen 4 is pretty good, beats Diamondback's corporate discount. However DB is promoting their Father's Day sale with a 10% coupon, with the corp discount, the Airen 4 is a few bucks cheaper direct thru DB, and if you're lucky there's no tax and free ship.
    Good to know thanks! I also get back 10% from performance to buy other stuff, plus a free tune up after 1 year so I'm happy with that. It seems to me (but I'm no expert!) like a good price for some nice features.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Good to know thanks! I also get back 10% from performance to buy other stuff, plus a free tune up after 1 year so I'm happy with that. It seems to me (but I'm no expert!) like a good price for some nice features.
    Cool. There is a definite advantage to buying from your LBS for support and such.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2018
    Although I'm having perfomance price match so maybe I should have the match diamondback website?? What's the corporate discount code? THanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Although I'm having perfomance price match so maybe I should have the match diamondback website?? What's the corporate discount code? THanks!
    Follow the thread below to create an account. Then use code DADBIKES thru Jun 17th for another 10% off.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9796487-dia...bicycle-stores