RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008

Blue RC7 questions - My first post

I can get a steal on a slightly used '08 Blue RC7 bike that is a M/L 56" frame. This should be my size (when compared with some other manufacturers), and when I rode it - the standard "handle bar covers the sight of the front hub" fit was just fine. The seat height to handle bar height was good. BUT when I stood up to hammer, I felt like I was way out over the front tire, and the bike felt very twitchy. <---- this has me second guessing my size. I know the frame is supposed to be a little compact by design, but it felt very unstable, when standing.

Another thing that concerned me was - I'm 6' and the guy who owns the bike is like 5' 7"or 8". We had to raise the post and move the seat back, which is no big deal, but I'm concerned the bike doesn't fit properly.

Any advice?
    Last edited by d365; 09-17-2008 at 06:41 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d365
    I can get a steal on a slightly used '08 Blue Cr7 bike that is a M/L 56" frame. This should be my size (when compared with some other manufacturers), and when I rode it - the standard "handle bar covers the sight of the front hub" fit was just fine. The seat height to handle bar height was good. BUT when I stood up to hammer, I felt like I was way out over the front tire, and the bike felt very twitchy. <---- this has me second guessing my size. I know the frame is supposed to be a little compact by design, but it felt very unstable, when standing.

Another thing that concerned me was - I'm 6' and the guy who owns the bike is like 5' 7"or 8". We had to raise the post and move the seat back, which is no big deal, but I'm concerned the bike doesn't fit properly.

Any advice?
    Well, it's a RC7.

I have a RC6 which is basically the same frame. I am 5'7" and ride a MED with a 110mm stem. No big adjustments needed on the saddle as it's in the middle.

these frame can be a bit twitchy form the small HT lenght and the geo of the frame.

the MED/LRG should fit you if the TT is the size you need. Maybe have a shop or experienced rider fit you.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2008
    thanks for the correction. I feel bad going into my shop, and asking them for help on this.
    Kinda seems taboo, but I guess I don't really have a choice.

I know you're probably used to the way your bike feels, but does it seem like you're way over the front tire when standing to pedal?

Thanks for your help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d365
    thanks for the correction. I feel bad going into my shop, and asking them for help on this.
    Kinda seems taboo, but I guess I don't really have a choice.

I know you're probably used to the way your bike feels, but does it seem like you're way over the front tire when standing to pedal?

Thanks for your help.
    Not really. But I was fitted properly. Any shop should be happy to fit you.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008
    If you are 6' why not look at a 58cm and see how it fits you? The 56cm might be just too cramped! I would guess that a higher % of riders your size would be on a 58cm IMO.

Anti-Hero
    If it helps, I'm 5'6" and ride a medium Rc7 w/a 100mm stem. They're nice bikes
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog