RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

Bottecchia 8avio?

I've been looking at several Bianchis and Cannondales for my first road bike, and then I ran into the Bottecchia 8avio. It's definitely a looker, and the components (from what I can tell) are pretty good for the price. I can't post links being new to this website, but to get to the bike's page on the website you go to bottecchia .com, choose reparto corse on the frontpage, go to the "race" tab and then it's on the left.

On the Allestimenti tab near the bottom, you have to hit next twice until you get to the veloce gear version

I'm looking to buy it from an Italian bike shop for 1250 euros (including shipping) which also includes tax that I can have removed (it's around 10-15%) being in the United States. Does anyone have any insight on the brand? I love the bike but I'm concerned about the build quality of the full carbon frame. I've heard things about some Bottecchia USA rebranded crapbikes, and i'm pretty sure this isn't it.

Help is appreciated! (before I make a stupid decision)

Thanks!

Gears 4 Good
    8AVIO - Race - Prodotti - Bottecchia Reparto Corse

There are nine versions listed on the site. Which components are on the one you're looking at?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I'm looking at the last one...the one with Campagnolo Veloce

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

comeback

Bottecchias have had a bit of a comeback the last couple of years. Carnielli sold off the name in the mid-90's. The brand floundered for a while and for a while they didn't do anything interesting. Yes, there were some open-mold US-licensed carbon frames. The newer ones - Octavio, Supernova, Emme2, etc. have some style and I would be confident riding one of them since they sponsored a top tier pro team in the last couple of years. Garzelli had some success in 2010-11 on Bottecchias.