RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Canyon Roadlite frame evo..........Small or Medium for me ?

the 2013 roadlite frame evo goes on sale here in europe within the next two weeks and im just busting to buy one. i am 5 feet and 8 inches tall (173 cms ) and ive got a 29 inch inseam, ive got long torso and short legs. the tall headtube should make the roadlite very comfortable for long rides and as the frames are sent direct from germany, ive got to be sure i get the sizing right. my gut feeling is to order the small size which has a 531mm top tube as opposed to the medium which has 545mm. im fairly sure id need a 100 or 110mm stem with the smaller frame and know if in doubt over size, choose the smaller frame. it would be priceless to get feedback from Canyon roadlite owners with body size similar to mine and did they opt for the small or medium frame size and how did it work out.

hoping to get some feedback from canyon customers which will help me make the right choice, ive read a fair few opinions regarding the website fit calculator which apparently throws out some interesting results !! i think the medium frame might be a bit long for me and a longer stem with the small frame might just be the answer, all information gratefully appreciated and thanks in advance

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    nobody own a canyon roadlite here ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    I am the same size as you, and usually ride 52cm frames.
    My current bike is a Tarmac SL3 with 537mm top tube.
    I have used both a 100 ans 110mm stem. I find the 110mm puts me too far forward, so I am using 100mm stem and pushed the saddle back a bit.
    I would think small would fit you better. Just my guess.

wyrd bi ful rd
    I do not own a Canyon, but from your height, I would go for the 531mm ETT frames set. You can always use a seat post with a setback ... In fact I would recommend you get a seat post with a setback and start from there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I agree in thinking the small frame is the way to go for me, what advantages do you think a seatpost with a 20mm setback would bring for me ?

quite like the carbon fsa sl-k 20 mm setback post.

Mad-one...
    The Canyon site has a very thorough measurement tool, involving measuring every part of your body. I would at least try this first, and then consider that you can have a setback post, longer stem etc...
    There is NO rehearsal - this is the real thing.