RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

canyon ultimate cf evo

what's with the 400 euro discount on the canyon ultimate cf frameset? i think i remember reading something somewhere that canyon just redid their ultimate cf slx line. . . did they redo the ultimate cf, too? or......... what?

Canyon | Route | Ultimate CF Frameset Evo

either way, it is awfully tempting to pick up a frame and build a budget carbon beast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I MUST find someone in Europe that will take delivery of one of these, and then ship it to the states for me. The geometry is perfect, I like the company, I love the look and the price is amazing. Why is it so hard for me to get my hands on one!

Thanks for pointing out the price drop, and I agree, it is very tempting.

Climbin' Clyde
    Huh. I tried hard to give them my money, but they wouldn't ship to the US. About a year ago, I remember some mysterious verbage on their web site that said something like "No U.S. sales, but if you live close to an international airport, we may be able to work something out." But it didn't happen, so witness my 2011 S-Works Tarmac.

wyrd bi ful rd
    I have been looking for someone in the states to take delivery of Chris King hubs and send them to me, just so that I will not get charged by the tax man here in the UK ...

I guess my circumstances is slightly different as the vendor was willing to send to the UK but I do not wish to pay the extra tax charges.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    i bet we could get a pretty solid international bicycle component trafficking network going if we really wanted to.

taxes and oceans. issues that, while over-come-able, are still issues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    I plan on getting a Canyon next year... will be smuggled from Germany or the UK

c_h_i_n_a_m_a_n, if you need help getting those hubs, holla at me. Always happy to help circumvent the tax man!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    i just saw a dude riding his canyon to the cyclist loop in the bois de vincennes here in paris this afternoon.

ultimate cf slx, campagnolo athena 11s aluminum, mavic ksyrium equipe wheels. looks to be a sweet bike!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    1200 bucks for that frame is a steal. Hope you have a friend in europe.

I believe at some point last year an importer was trying to get the brand in the US but no word after that rumor i read somewhere.

Never understood why they don't want to send to the US, darn germans :P

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
    I believe at some point last year an importer was trying to get the brand in the US but no word after that rumor i read somewhere.
    i think it was competitive cyclist . . . i remember reading something on their site, but then it fell through. not sure why!