35mph Average

Canyon ultimate cf slx 2013 ,has anyone tried this frame or bike yet ? how good is it

I've been looking at the Canyon ultimate cf slx 2013 road frame,has anyone tried this bike or frame yet ? if so how good is it ?Canyon | Rennrad | Ultimate CF SLX Frameset
    Last edited by joker; 12-30-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: adding link
    undefeated winner of the lantern rouge

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    I was all over this bike and wanted it for my latest biking interest...canyon running...live near mountains and climb up the canyon and then shoot down the steep curvey roads...great workout and a blast. Back to the bike...bike looked ideal for this...problem is they do not ship to the US....i called them twice and couldnt get them to send me one...read on line someone knew a person that lived in an area they shipped to and that person sent it to them...but i know of no such person. I researched heavily and it looks to be a great bike and very well made...just pending where you live you may not beable to get one. If you cant get one i found the Specialized Tarmac fills the same requiement very soundly...not as rare as the canyon but every bit the performer...I purchased a Tarmac Sworks Sl3 for my Canyon runner and though slowly piecing it together how i want (need to upgrade wheels, and few other things) ... the bike is still a great performer even with the subpar stock wheels i put on. I have also heard the SL4 sworks is better...just the cost of the SL4 frame was substantially higher and didnt believe extra cost was warranted for what i was going to use the bike for. If Canyon is shipping to your location i would definitely look hard at this bike.
    2013 Time RX Instinct
    2012 S-Works Tarmac
    2011 Scott CR1 Comp (winter bike)
    2011 GF Paragon 29er Hardtail
    2010 Stumpjumper Elite

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2013
    I have this bike and wow, its amazing. Fitted with full campag SR, there aren't enough good words to describe how it rides and feels. Buy yourself one and enjoy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I've been looking at the Canyon ultimate cf slx 2013 road frame,has anyone tried this bike or frame yet ? if so how good is it ?Canyon | Rennrad | Ultimate CF SLX Frameset