RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012

Cervelo C3 fender problem

I just discovered a problem with the fender mounts on my Cervelo C3. The rivet nut on the fork dropout appears to have loosened out of the frame. See the attached image:

Do any of you have any advice on how to fix this? Should I just remove the rivet nut from the bolt and epoxy it back into the frame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi, same thing happened to me, no instructions came with mudguard kit, fitted 3 all went in ok then the last one like yours pulled away, contacted shop who said it’s my fault and not covered by warranty I have also contacted Cervélo customer care direct and heard nothing a little disappointed, but now won’t fit a front mud guard been told it’s an easy fix by the bike shop but I don’t want to start glueing it.....my choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Is it really supposed to be fixed with glue? Everything I've read mentions fixing a new sleeve or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes my bike shop told me that more than once but to be very careful with the glue I would prefer a new sleeve inserted but will await a rely from Cervélo I was gutted when it happened I was so careful not to mess up it it messed up

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Please let me know how it goes. Good luck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi after a ride the bolt came out off the BB for rear mudguard attachment. I contacted my dealer who said they will pay for both repairs and yes gluing it back in with a special carbon glue on front folk and re-thread the rear, first time for mudguards so a least I got a result.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Thanks for letting me know. That sucks.

Happily absent RBR Member
    This is exactly the sort of problem that Cervelo is famous for - little stuff that can only be addressed with warranty replacement.

As far as fixing it - that part was likely only held in with epoxy in the first place. Consider fixing it with epoxy, making sure you have a greased bolt in the threads so they don't also fill up with epoxy.

Second, did you do this by letting the bolt bottom out in the blind hole, then tightening it until it extracted the threads? If so, consider that why you remount it and use washers so the bolt tightens against the threads rather than the bottom of the hole.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com