RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Chinese Carbon frame size?

I am thinking about picking up one of these and putting road wheels and tires on for a disc 1x9. I'm going to put on a bullhorn, so sometimes I'll be on the tops and sometimes out on the horns. The brakes will be on the tops. I'm an average 5'9" tall. What size do you think would best for suited for me? Thanks!
    FR602 Full Carbon 3K Cyclocross Cross Bike Frame BSA Fork 51cm 53cm 55cm 57cm | eBay

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    I'm also 5'9" and I've been looking at this same frame too. I want one for gravel roads and even though they have nearly a road bike BB height, I'm a little concerned about standover height which of course is not given. I'm most comfortable with a 55 TT so I fall just between their size 53 and 55. I prefer the longer head tube of the 55 but I have a hunch it's a mite too large because of the TT length. Did I confuse you?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I'm also 5'9" and I've been looking at this same frame too. I want one for gravel roads and even though they have nearly a road bike BB height, I'm a little concerned about standover height which of course is not given. I'm most comfortable with a 55 TT so I fall just between their size 53 and 55. I prefer the longer head tube of the 55 but I have a hunch it's a mite too large because of the TT length. Did I confuse you?
    No, not confused. Mine will be for road only, so the BB height doesn't worry me. I built a 26" MTB 1x9 from a Chinese frame. It's BB was pretty low. I just had to be careful and it wasn't a problem. I'm not to concerned about standover. But, I'm actually 1/4 short of 5'9", so yeah, maybe a little confused now. Maybe the 53 would be a better choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    My Santa Cruz Nickel has a 584mm top tube and it fits me perfectly, with a 90mm stem. I'll have a 100mm stem for this bike. So, yeah, I'm not sure what to do. I do like the aesthetics of smaller frames. But, I know that's not a good reason to get a smaller frame. I guess I could use like a 25mm setback post on it. But, frames that are to small are uncomfortable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Another point to consider is your saddle to bar drop. If your position is upright, then the smaller size with the shorter headtube will require more spacers and/or higher sloping stem. Both could make it look goofy. If you have plenty of drop, then it'll look OK.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    I did hear back from them. They tell me size 55.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Another point to consider is your saddle to bar drop. If your position is upright, then the smaller size with the shorter headtube will require more spacers and/or higher sloping stem. Both could make it look goofy. If you have plenty of drop, then it'll look OK.
    I don't mind having a more bent over position. I generally run a 5mm spacer under my stems. I'm thinking 53 and a setback post if I need it. This chart says I'm at the upper limit of 53. I'm about 175cm tall and size 55 starts at 178cm.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Has anyone bought the fr602 frame.